Amazon is an American multinational company based in Seattle. It focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four tech companies, along with Google, Apple, and Microsoft. And it is the best place where people meet their needs.
Amazon Echo is a brand of smart speakers developed by Amazon. These echo devices connect to the voice-controlled personal assistance. Amazon Alexa, commonly known as Alexa, is one of their creations that enables voice interaction and responds when you call its name “Alexa”.
What does Alexa do?
Alexa is capable of playing music, providing information, deliver instant news and instant sports scores, inform you about the weather, control your smart home lights and appliances connected to it and even allow the Prime members to order products from Amazon.
Alexa stays in the cloud, expanding the information offered all the time and refining the responses to give you more accurate information. No matter what Alexa device you ask, all can return these sorts of answers, be that on your soundbar or in your car.
One of the basic functions is playing music and Alexa can draw many sources. Amazon Music is supported, of course, but apart from that, there’s support for many more services like Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, TuneIn as well as apps from individual providers, like the BBC.
Alexa can also tap into information from other devices and services by using Skills (which are like apps), so you will be able to give you specific information about your car, your latest weigh-in, or to find your Tile.
How to connect Alexa to the Internet?
Connecting Alexa to the Internet involves some simple steps that anyone can follow and set it up.
- Open your Alexa app
- Go to the menu.
- Select the settings option.
- Go to device settings.
- Now, select your device
- Select the change and follow the instructions given on the app.
For echo devices with screens don’t need the Alexa app to set up. For this follow the steps mentioned below:
- Say Go to settings, or swipe down and select settings.
- Select the network and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you do not see any network option go to advanced Wi-Fi options and select the network. Or you can choose to add a network if no Wi-Fi network available.
How to connect Alexa for the First Time?
Is it’s your first time connecting Alexa? No worries it’s a simple and user-friendly set up that one can easily set it up. Before we begin plug your device and head over to your Google or Apple store to install the Alexa app.
Now follow these steps to set your device up,
- For the first time setting up, the Alexa app will ask you for signing in. Sign in with your Amazon account information.
- There you have an option to get started.
- Choose your name on Amazon account, select and enter the correct name.
- Now the app will ask you for permissions which you can allow according to your preferences.
- Select the Alexa menu button.
- Select the Add device button.
- Select the right device as Echo Dot or Echo Plus.
- Now select your right model.
- Now plug your device and follow the instructions by selecting the continue button.
- Now according to your cell phone, do your wireless settings as required.
How to fix Alexa Internet Connection Problems?
After setting up the device you might still face some problems, here are a few troubleshooting steps:
- Turn off your modem or router.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- Unplug your Alexa device and plug it back.
- If you still face problems go to alexa.amazon.com
- Go to settings, and then update Wi-Fi to make sure that your Wi-Fi is configured.
- Factory reset Alexa by pressing and holding the “microphone off” and “volume down” button at the same time until light rings turn orange and follow the instructions.
Alexa is one of the best creations of Amazon for smart homes. It let you enjoy unlimited entertainment by answering your fun questions and with more fun. From waking you up to put your lights off while you lay on your bed at night. It sets up your routine, remembers your meetings, sends you reminders, and notify you about important upcoming tasks. So you never miss your meetings and run late to your meetings. Alexa has made lives easier and simpler.