For subscribers asking about how to get Xfinity Stream on Roku, this write-up is for you. Roku is among the most admired streaming devices which give subscribers access to install channels and apps directly from the Roku store. It is also flexible in the sense that you can install apps that are not available on the channel store.
If you want to enjoy a good streaming app for your Roku, Xfinity stream is a good option to consider. Xfinity stream on Roku gives the user access to on-demand series & movies and about 200+ live TV channels.
Furthermore, with the Xfinity Stream app, it’s now easy to have access to numerous movie series and TV shows directly from your tablet, mobile phone, smart TV, and computer. This has indeed made Xfinity one of the most preferred apps. Also, you’ll get to watch content from popular networks, news events, live sports, etc.
Before you’ll be able to use Xfinity stream on Roku, you need to do these important things.
- Install Xfinity Stream on Roku
- Activate Xfinity Stream on Roku
The app is compatible with almost all the Roku models such as Roku TV, Ultra, Streaming stick, Premiere, & Premiere+.
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Roku
In the Roku channel, Xfinity stream is available as a beta mode. You just need to follow the procedure outlined below to get it done.
- First, you need to connect the Roku player directly to the TV and power it.
- Get the remote and press the home button. This will launch the Channel Store.
- On the left pane, click on the streaming channels option.
- A new screen will pop up, select search, then enter Xfinity Stream which is the name of the channel.
- From the drop-down list, select Xfinity Stream Beta.
- After that, select Add Channel option. This will directly get it on Roku.
- Finally, select OK. This is a confirmation pop-up that will grant you access to start making use of Xfinity on Roku.
Activating Xfinity Stream on Roku
Now, you’ve succeeded in downloading the app on your Roku device. Next is to activate the app.
- First, click and launch the Xfinity stream app. Then tap on the get started button.
- You’ll receive an activation code which will be on your screen. Next, head to www.xfinity.com/authorize directly from a PC smartphone.
- Type in the displayed Activation code, then click Continue.
- A new screen will prompt, here you need to enter your unique username and password. Enter and click sign in.
- You’ll see a success screen on your PC or your smartphone. The terms and conditions will be displayed on the Roku screen. Tab yes to continue.
- Type in the exact device name on the next screen and click Continue.
- At this point, the app is activated. It’s now time to start over 200+ channels.
Xfinity stream on Roku not working
Because the installed Xfinity stream is a beta version, at some point you may be faced with errors when you start using the app. Some problems you might likely encounter include; problems related to app authorization, unable to login, inability to stream TV shows or movies, etc. In a situation where you’re faced with any of these, try the outlined hacks below;
- First, you need to delete the channel and reinstall it again.
- Sign out of the Xfinity Stream app or Roku account and return.
- Thoroughly inspect your Wi-Fi connection and make sure it is working properly.
- Check to see if the app you’re using is an updated version.
- Lastly, restart your Roku device.
That’s all the steps involved to get your Xfinity app working which will give you access to start streaming TV shows, movies, channels. But you need to ensure the firmware of your Roku device is 8.1 or preferably a higher version. On the other hand, if after trying the hacks above you still experience the same error, you might need to try “Flex” which is Comcast’s Roku-like device.
With the Xfinity stream app, uses can use and explore the beta Roku channel. Comcast on their part has continued to add new features and functionality that will make sure the app continues to work effortlessly. Remember, the Xfinity beta app can be added directly from the Roku channel store. If you encounter any problem, apply the remedy listed above.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to stream Xfinity on Roku?
Yes, you can enjoy watching TV with the Xfinity Stream beta app on your Roku device. For customers who already have instant TV, Xfinity TV, or Xfinity on campus, it’s easier to feel at home with the new Xfinity Stream beta app.
I can’t stream Xfinity on my Roku. What could be the problem?
Once you experience this, first disconnect and reconnect the Roku device from the main network. Next, uninstall the app from your device, then reinstall it again. Check if it solved the problem. Also, endeavor to restart your Roku device before accessing the Xfinity stream app.
Is there a particular Roku model that supports Xfinity stream?
The app is supported by the following Roku device models:
- Roku TVs: It works on all Roku TVs.
- Roku Streaming Media Players: Roku Express, Roku Ultra; and Express+; Premiere+, Roku Premiere and Roku 3 & 4 Roku 2 (but 4210 only)
- Roku streaming stick together with the streaming stick+: Model 3500 upwards.
Why am I finding it difficult to add Xfinity Stream beta directly to my Roku?
The most common reason why this happens is that your Roku device does not support the channel.