Do you have a sister or brother with a brand new smartphone on their wish list? Now is the moment to shop for a smartphone from them. You can as well get one for yourself.
Sometimes getting a mobile phone is nothing easy unless it’s being handed to you by a family member or a special friend. For now, this shouldn’t be a problem because AT&T now has several BOGO deals with mouthwatering discounts that will enable you to get the best phone of your choice. These deals are preferable when you intend to switch from another carrier or want to add another line. With this buy one give one offer, you’ll get to save a few bucks.
Though AT&T might not have the type of coverage by Verizon, with this deal, your saving can begin to add up.
What is BUY ONE GIVE ONE in detail?
For you to be able to qualify, first you need to buy two brand new smartphones that are put on an % APR instalment plan:
- Instalment plan for 30 months.
- Equipment Installment Plan. This is in two categories; A business account with 24-month financing and a business account with 36-month financing. In both, you may be required to make a down payment.
- For the smartphone you intend to buy, you’re free to add a new wireless unlimited line. Alternatively, you can decide to upgrade an already eligible line. However, for the second smartphone (the free phone or discounted phone), a new line must be added.
- About the Newline activation. You need to ensure an AT&T unlimited plan within the range of $145/month is maintained. This can be added to your existing eligible plan.
- You won’t be qualified if you upgrade an already existing wireless account.
- Moving your number or line from another carrier such as Cricket or AT&T won’t qualify it as a new line.
- If you kept your number and decided to return, it won’t still qualify as a new line.
- Any other phone discount won’t apply.
- It’s your responsibility to pay:
- An activation fee of $30 or an upgrade fee on the individual line.
- The taxes for that particular smartphone when you want to purchase it.
- For the credits to start rolling, you need to keep both lines active, it must also be on eligible instalment plans, and it needs to be in good standing for a minimum of 30 days.
- The given-line must be in good standing on the instalment plan and the eligible service for the duration of the instalment plan.
- The paid line needs to be active with all the eligible services for the instalment plan duration.
- If you decide to cancel any of the lines, your instalment balance will automatically be due.
- If you satisfy all the above-listed requirements, a bill will be sent to you for phone cost reduction. Then your monthly bill credits will commence after three-bill periods. However, before then, you must ensure your bills are paid in full. Otherwise, late fees will be on any unpaid amount.
- Once the credits commence, it will appear as a smartphone promo on your monthly bill.
- The first bill you’ll receive will be equivalent to the instalment payments which you’ve paid already.
- If you decide to cancel the wireless service, a notice will be sent to you that you no longer qualify to receive the credits.
- After this, you have a minimum of 30 days to restart the cancelled wireless service so you can continue getting the BOGO device credits. All missed ones will also be credited to you. However, once it exceeds 30days, your credits will stop.
- At the point you made your down payment, if you got a discounted or free smartphone, it is still your obligation to pay for the down payment. However, it will be credited back as part of your monthly bill credit. This will be applied in equal amounts throughout the duration of the instalment plan.
Note: If you decide to voluntarily suspend your service, your credits will be paused until the line is activated again.
In other to maintain your eligibility so you can continue receiving the credits:
- You need always to pay your bills in full while waiting for the offer credits to apply (takes three-bill periods typically)
- Ensure that both lines will be active on the same account of the eligible unlimited plan. Furthermore, they need to be in good standing and on an appropriate instalment plan.
- Whenever you decide to offset the remaining installation balance before the due date, you need to keep the device and line active.
Your offer credits stop if you:
- When you go ahead and exchange an eligible phone with an ineligible phone or a device.
- When you upgrade or offset the instalment plan early.
- Return the phone, and there is no active instalment plan on the line.
- Disconnect or cancel the wireless service (you’ll be required to pay any remaining installation fee)
AT&T is gradually bringing back a number of their popular Buy One Give One package. So, keep these details in mind. With this deal, you can find the best deals on Android phones, iPhones, 5G phones, and even other essential accessories.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does AT&T still have buy one get one free?
Yes, AT&T has several “BOGO ” deals. Usually, they do outline some eligible phones for the strip. On their website, once you select anyone, the cost breakdown will be shown to you.
How does one get the free BOGO tickets from AT&T?
You need to text ATTTHANKS to 8758, and a link will be sent to you to download the app. Then open the app, log in, tap ‘Get Tickets’ and choose your movie and theatre.
Does AT&T have a BOGO free iPhone?
Yes, they do. It is open to existing and new customers. You can be opportune to get a free iPhone of 64GB when trading in a device worth $95 or more.