Disney Plus not working and how to fix it will be the emphasis of this write-up.
At the moment, Disney Plus is one of the preferred streaming applications by many subscribers. However, this does not mean it lacks its fair share of errors just like other streaming applications.
The truth is that app crashing is a regular occurrence with most streaming platforms such as Hotstar, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.
It’s always frustrating when you find it difficult to log in to your Disney account especially as it buffers, or shows error codes. Most times, it might be related to internet connectivity issues.
The guide below will explain more on how to rectify this error.
Methods to Fix Disney Plus Not Working
Most times the problem Disney Plus encounters is a result of glitches related to internet speed. In addition, web browser caches, the app, or issues with the server can also affect it.
Follow these steps;
- First, restart the streaming device or PC you’re using.
- Restart the modem/router. Do the same if you’re using other networks.
- Change the location of the device or router to improve the signal.
- Make use of a wired connection for the streaming device.
- Proceed and carry out the Disney Plus update.
- Clear the app cache, and reinstall.
- Ensure the streaming device is updated properly.
By following the guideline, most problems related to Disney Plus app can be solved. When it involved an error code, try the suggestion below.
How to Fix the Disney Plus not working?
This happens when your web player or app is unable to hook up to the Disney server especially at the point of high activity but it usually disappears when the load has been reduced. When it happens, you’ll get to see an error message like: ‘Unable to connect.’ There is an issue connecting to the Disney Plus service.
In case the message delays to go away, do the following;
- Log out of the website or app, then close it down.
- Open the website or app again, then log in.
- If the error continues, check the status of your internet connection.
Fixing unknown Disney Plus Errors
This majority has a lot to do with device incompatibility, your account issues, software issues, or hardware problems. When this happens, you’ll get to see messages like:
- Error codes like 12, 25, 32, 83
- Something went wrong. Please try again. If it persists, go to the Disney Plus help Center.
- We’re facing a problem connecting to your account. Sign out, & sign in again. If it persists, go to the Disney Plus Help Center.
Try and reload your device when this happens. These categories of errors are most times fleeting and will disappear soon by simply reloading the player or selecting the TV show/movie again.
If the problem persists, most likely, there is an issue with the account. Repeat the suggested above, this will restore the service to work again.
Fixing other Disney Plus Streaming Problems
As stated earlier, the majority of these problems point to internet networks unlike the ‘basic unable to connect’ that is related to the network hardware.
For those who don’t know, Disney’s smooth functionality depends on high-speed internet. Hence, you need reliable internet to avoid any disruption. According to Disney;
- HD content needs a minimum of 5.0+ Mbps
- 4K UHD content needs a minimum of 25.0+ Mbps
When the connection is hinged on connectivity, you’ll see the message below;
- Error Codes like 24, 29, 42, 43, and 76
- Sorry, we’re having a problem connecting to your account. Please re-enter the information and try again. If the problem lingers, visit the Disney Plus help Center.
- We’re sorry, the video can’t be played. If the problem continues, visit the Disney Plus Help Center.
- At the moment, we’re experiencing slow Internet speeds. Please check if you’re still connected, then try again.
All these codes hinge on internet speed and connection. So, it can be fixed by troubleshooting your internet.
Follow the guideline below;
- Confirm the speed of your internet using the speed test site. It’s advisable to use the same device that displayed the error message.
- If you have a slow connection, or your device is disconnected from the internet, confirm if you’re initially connected using a wireless network or wired connection. For Wi-Fi, move the router and streaming device closer to each other.
- Remove any interference such as cordless phones, fans, microwaves, and other items causing the connection problem.
- Change to Wi-Fi channel that is not congested with traffic.
- If you’ve another device on the same network using much bandwidth, temporarily disconnect it.
- If you can, switch to a wired Ethernet.
- Power cycle the device and network hardware. Shut down everything, unplug from any source of power, wait for 50-60 seconds, then connect back.
Apart from what has been explained above, other errors might cause your Disney Plus not to work though they all have a similar method of troubleshooting.
Most times, Disney Plus might be down. At this point, you need to be patient till it’s back online. Better still visit, DownDetector if there is another complaining of the same issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is preventing Disney Plus from working?
So many reasons can lead to this error but most are linked to internet connection or account issue. Simply log out and re-login again to rectify it.
What is the preferred way to fix my Disney Plus?
The app might be obsolete, so try and update it. If the error continues, delete and reinstall again but this time, use another device or better still restart the Wi-Fi connection.
Why is Disney Plus showing a black screen?
A glitch or hard reset is known to cause this error. Delete the app and re-install it again. You can also clear the cache.
It is difficult to get Disney Plus on a smart TV?
Disney Plus is available on the majority of smart TVs including android TVs. If you’re having an issue with this, upgrade your device or use the likes of Roku, Chromecast, firestick, etc.