If you want to know how to cancel Amazon prime video, read on to find out. According to research by Reuters, the entire streaming service in the United States is over 60.62 million subscribers. This is because many people are using multiple streaming services and they spend a lot on this subscription.
Majority of these subscriptions are not often used while some are also easily forgotten, hence the need to canceling any unused subscription which will save you a lot of resources annually.
Since its launch, Amazon prime videos have been helpful when it comes to different content. In short, it has grown to become a popular streaming service boasting a lot of online retailers. For instance, the monthly or yearly subscription fee gives you access to free two-day shipping that consists of millions of items. Also, you can access thousands of TV shows and movies including Amazon’s original contents.
But it will cost you a lot of money if you cannot cancel the service at a good time. For those who do not know, you can actually cancel an Amazon service membership or through any third party if you do not require the service.
If you are looking for an in-depth review of Amazon Prime Video here
Canceling Amazon Prime Video subscription
Like you all know, Amazon prime video is among the benefits you get from Amazon prime membership. Once you’re a member, you can access prime video, prime music, get free two-day shipping, and other perks. When it comes to canceling a service, you can’t cancel your prime video without first canceling your Amazon prime membership. But you can subscribe to prime video alone at a reduced price of $9 per month.
Now to the good news. No matter the source you used for the prime video subscription, you can still cancel the service through the Amazon website.
Cancel Amazon Prime Video-only account
Follow the steps below to be able to carry it out effectively;
- Use any browser to open the Amazon website, then sign in.
- When the page opens, navigate to “Account & Lists” located at the top-right. Then click on Prime Membership from the drop-down menu.
- Close the top of the page, select “Manage Membership.”
- You’ll see “End membership” from the drop-down, click on it. Next, confirm it’s what you want to.
- Amazon will still take you to other pages to confirm you really want to stop the subscription. On each page, your job is to confirm all of them.
- When you confirm that is required from you, that is the end of the membership.
Cancel Amazon Prime Video account through a Prime membership
- Sign in to Amazon with your normal login details.
- Go to the Account & Lists section located at the top of the page.
- Tab on the Prime Membership link which can be seen from the dropdown list.
- Click on Update. This can be seen within the box labeled “Manage membership”. Another dropdown list will appear.
- Click “End Membership” then click on confirm.
Canceling Amazon prime video through Third Parties.
For those that subscribed through third parties, you need to reach out to them again for cancellation.
Pros and Cons of Prime Video’s
- You’ll enjoy different benefits for being Amazon prime membership. For instance, many exclusive contents by Amazon, like Transparent, Rotten Tomatoes, and Catastrophe.
- 30-days free trial time which is a longer duration, unlike others.
- There is the unavailability of a new release.
- Being an Amazon member does not still stop you from paying when you want to rent any new release;
- You still have to pay for other video channels apart from Prime.
The trickiest part of canceling your Amazon video is that you don’t just have to click on the memberships and subscription section as most people think. You’ve to go down the menu of the prime membership section to begin the process of cancellation.
If you find yourself in this situation, the above article will help you sort it out. Following the steps religiously is all you need to cancel your Amazon Prime Video membership. Alternatively, if you experience any challenge, endeavor to reach out to the customer care representative for help. You can either call their hotline or send an email.
Frequently asked questions
How can I successfully cancel my Amazon Prime Video account?
- Navigate to Account & Settings, select the Your Account tab.
- For just Prime Video-only cancellation, select End Subscription. Prime Video is a part of Amazon Prime membership.
- For Amazon Prime membership cancellation, under Prime Membership, click on edit on Amazon.
Am being charged extra for Prime video channels?
Prime video channels are different and they require an additional subscription which gives you access to watch any content you desire. In other words, the prime channels give you more content when compared to prime videos because they’re from third-party premium networks and other popular streaming entertainment channels.
Is it possible to get another free trial from Amazon when I resubscribe after the initial account cancellation?
Yes. According to those who have tried it, you can get another free trial but you’ve to resubscribe at least 12 months after your initial trial ends. But when you resubscribe before the 12 months, there is every possibility to pay right off the bat for your membership.
Is it possible to have access to the prime video without subscribing to it?
Yes, It’s possible. you’ll be given access to rent or even purchase any video of your choice from all the Prime Video collection without subscribing. their prices vary individually and automatically charged based on the one-click payment option you entered.