How to cast Xfinity Stream to Chromecast will be discussed in detail. Xfinity as we all know is an online video app used for streaming any media content no matter your location. In short, subscribers have about 200+ contents that comprise TV shows and movies at their disposal.
There is also uncountable On-Demand video content to be enjoyed. The good thing is that it enables users to be able to freely download and watch at a convenient time offline.
On this platform, there is also the presence of a cloud DVR feature which makes it possible to record movies from any location. In the United States. The Xfinity stream can be accessed either as an app or through the web portal. It’s compatible with iOS, Android, Amazon Firestick, Windows, Roku including other devices.
The only challenge is that it’s not compatible with Google Chromecast is not compatible with it. However, it’s still possible to stream it through screen mirroring.
How to stream Xfinity to Chromecast
Before you commence, it’s important to ensure your Chromecast is properly connected to your TV.
This is especially for beginners. To do this, you need to download the Google Home app from the app store depending on the operating system you’re using.
It’s also important to connect it directly to the in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi network so it can function optimally.
Casting Xfinity Stream through an iOS/ Android device
- Chromecast to be connected to a television via HDMI port.
- Installed the Xfinity Stream app on your device.
- A stable Wi-Fi connection. Your smartphone and Chromecast should be on Wifi.
Steps to Cast
- Your Chromecast needs to be set up. Simply connect it to your TV and configure using the Google Home app.
- Tap the Xfinity Stream app, then log in using your account details.
- Choose a preferable program to watch.
- There is a cast icon that can be at the top of the app.
- Click on it and choose your Chromecast from all the devices listed.
- When it’s connected, you can start streaming on a bigger scream.
Xfinity Stream casting from a Mac/Windows computer
- Chromecast must be properly connected to a TV via the HDMI port.
- Install a Google Chrome browser on your device.
- You need to have a stable Wi-Fi connection and your desktop & Chromecast need to be connected to it.
Procedure on how to Cast
- Get your Chromecast ready. It needs to be linked t0 your TV.
- From the Google Chrome browser, go to the Xfinity website and log in.
- The cast icon is located in different sections: at the top of the page or towards the mini-player button close to the search box.
- Choose a video. Click the cast icon which will bring out the device.
- Select your particular Chromecast once the device list appears tap on it.
- Your TV is now linked to the portal. Any video you play will now be shown on the bigger screen.
Above listed methods are recommended by Xfinity themselves. But in a situation where none of the methods work for you, there is still an option of trying the screencasting methods which is a conventional way of casting. The procedure is listed below:
- Open smartphone settings, locate the cast button. From the cast option settings, activate the wireless display.
- On an Android device, open Google Home, tap Cast Audio/ Screen.
- Find & select your specific Chromecast among the listed devices. Now click on the Audio/ Cast Screen option again.
- After this, the smartphone will be displayed on a bigger screen.
- Now you’re free to open any Xfinity app and play any video.
Casting Entire Laptop Desktop with Google Chrome
- Open the installed Google Chrome. At the top right, you’ll notice a three-dotted menu, click the cast option.
- Among the listed devices, search for Chromecast. Beneath the sources tab, select Cast Desktop.
- Automatically, the desktop will be casted. In addition, you can as well cast the Tab used to stream from Xfinity portal.
- Everything on the computer is now been casted to the TV screen.
In some cases, you might experience a drop in signal or other errors resulting from the casting. Most manufactures are now making plans to make a casting and inbuilt feature in their product. This in turn will make the entire procedure of casting very easy.
Frequently asked questions
Can I cast Xfinity from my phone to my TV?
Yes. On the remote, tap on the home button. With the arrow buttons, navigate to the gear icon, press ok to open the settings. With the arrow buttons, navigate to privacy. Go to Mobile Video Casting, change the settings and press OK.
Is it possible to stream Xfinity app to a TV set?
Sure. With the Xfinity app, it is possible to turn an Android or Apple device into TV a screen. All Xfinity customers can access it including those that make use of Xfinity instant TV.
What could be a problem why I stopped getting Xfinity Stream on my TV?
When you notice this, it’s important to check if the Wi-Fi is still switched ON. Also, your device needs to link to the same connection and not another. After this, restart open the Xfinity stream app and confirm if it can now be recognized.
What brand of Television set is compatible with Xfinity?
The Xfinity Stream app is compatible with Amazon Fire TV devices, Mobile Video Casting LG Smart TVs, Roku devices, etc..