In this write-up, you’ll know how to cast from Windows Media Player to Chromecast. Microsoft developed Windows Media Player. The essence is to play audio and videos directly on the Windows OS. It also comes pre-installed no matter the OS you use.
With this media player, it’s easier to access local audio files, videos, and burns CDs that can be synced to any device.
If you currently use Media Player and want to cast content to a bigger screen, it is possible to Chromecast Windows Media Player with the help of an installed Chrome browser.
- Windows Desktop
- Google Chromecast
- A TV set that has an HDMI port
Enabling Windows Media Player on Windows 10
- Right-click the Windows icon located as you scroll down the screen.
- Select settings >>>> Apps.
- There is an Optional features menu, tap on it.
- To add Windows Media player, click Add.
- Scroll down and choose the media player, then install.
How to Chromecast Windows Media Player
You might want to know that Google Chromecast is not compatible with Windows Media Player. But there is an option of using Chrome browser for casting purposes. Follow the guide below:
- Connect Chromecast through the HDMI port. Both the PC and the Chromecast use a WiFi network.
- Open installed Chrome browser on your PC and click the menu icon (top right corner)
- Click Cast menu.
- Chrome browser will commence a search for a nearby device.
- Tap on the Source menu, click “Cast Desktop.”
- Select appropriate Chromecast.
- A pop-up for screen mirroring will appear.
- Click and click on share.
- Open any video on the WMP.
- Finally, it will start playing on both the TV screen and Windows.
- If you intend to end the connection, click the cast extension and select the Chromecast device in use.
Streaming VLC Media Player from Windows Computer to Chromecast Devices
The step is not complicated. You need to open a media file, select the playback device. Below are the full details:
- Open VLC installed on windows
- Open either an audio/video file on it.
- Tap on Playback >>>>> Renderer.
Selecting Chromecast for Streaming on TV
You’ll see the video on your screen. If you received a warning about an insecure site or any conversion options, you must approve it. All things being equal, you can now start watching the movie on the bigger screen.
Streaming from VLC Media Player in Apple’s Macbook to Chromecast
The procedure is almost the same as the one listed above.
- Tab and open VLC.
- To open any media file, click on the Open media button.
- From the menu, click Playback >>>> Renderer.
- Select your monitor/TV with the Chromecast.
- Peradventure you receive any warnings regarding any conversion option, you’ve to grant permission so the streaming can continue.
Streaming from VLC Media Player in smartphones to Chromecast Devices
The procedure on Android is relatively straightforward. The guide is below:
- On the smartphone you’re using, open VLC.
- At the top right, Tap the Chromecast icon.
- Tap the Chromecast button in the VLC for Android
- Under the display, tap and connect Chromecast Device/TV.
- Select Playback Display
- Open any preferable media which should start playing now.
- The smartphone can serve as a remote at the end of your streaming. With it, you can choose subtitles, seek, playback speed, handle audio, together with other features present on VLC. To disconnect Chromecast from TV, tap the Chromecast button for the second time, select Disconnect.
Additional options to casting can be seen under Settings >>> Extra Settings >>>> Casting. From here, it is easier to enable and disable casting. In addition, you can also select the specific for the audio rendering. Select the preferable conversion quality.
The various methods stated in this article make it possible to cast your favorite media content directly to your Comcast, which of the cause will be connected to your big screen. These methods can also be used for local videos on your television set.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to cast from Windows Media Player?
You need to right-click any preferable media of your choosing on your PC. From the opens, click on the cast to the device. All registered devices on your network will appear. Choose the appropriate one and select.
Can Chromecast be used with Windows Media Player?
The trust is that Windows Player does not support the Chromecast application. This is why you need to cast using the Chrome browser, which you’ve to install on your PC. The steps to successfully carry out this procedure have been listed above. Carefully read and follow.
How can I successfully cast Windows Media Player to my television?
In this write-up, a detailed procedure has been outlined in detail. Follow it religiously to do it without the help of anyone.
Can a movie be played on a computer to my TV?
You need to use Media Player to stream your video. With the process of casting via Chrome browser, you can now be watching on a bigger TV screen.