The Amazon Kindle Fire is a hybrid e-reader and tablet device that runs various apps together with incorporating with Amazon’s massive marketplace. The Kindle Fire depends on the internet, just like other tablets to perform the majority of the tasks available.
Surfing the web on Kindle Fire needs only an active internet connection and functions much like browsing on any other device. In other words, to stream, purchase, and download videos to your Kindle Fire, there must be an internet connection.
However, this can be very challenging, particularly when you’re away from home, where you might not have access to an Internet connection. If you’re engaging in a long trip and want to connect your Kindle Fire to the internet, you might be wondering: Is there any other means to do this in the absence of a Wi-Fi?
Read on because this write up will give you some clues on how you can enjoy your kindle without WIFI
1. Using Mobile Data on the Kindle Fire.
In addition to Wi-Fi connectivity, the Kindle Fire tablet can connect to mobile networks if the user has access to a mobile network plan. By default, these devices connect to Wi-Fi.
But, in the absence of a Wi-Fi connection, and the user has an active mobile network plan, the kindle fire devices can connect to the mobile network easily. For Fire tablets, the user must purchase a plan from a carrier. The Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ 4G tablet comprises a bundled mobile network plan.
2. Use Amazon’s Own Data Plan
Amazon released the Kindle Fire HD 10 in 2019, which is an advanced version of the original one. Another fantastic feature of this model is that Amazon’s own data plan can be used with them. In addition to this launch, Amazon also rolled out data plans for the kindle series, though since the launch it has been altered at some point.
On the other hand, this plan gives you access to the internet no matter your location. At least on a monthly basis for a year, you can use up to 250 MB. So when you subscribe to Amazon’s data plan, you’ve no problem accessing the using internet in the absence of Wi-Fi connection. Just contact Amazon’s customer support, and they’ll help you subscribe to this whenever you’re ready.
3. Share Hotspot from Other Mobile Devices
Sharing hotspots from other devices with your Kindle Fire is as easy as it is on the iPad. From the top of the device screen, just swipe down and click on the wireless. Tap on Wi-Fi hotspot and on the next page, activate it. Remember on your mobile device; it’s important to configure the hotspot network if it’s your first time with your unique password.
The mobile device often assigns a ridiculous network name, so you may need to change it to something you’re more familiar with. That’s it; you can now kindle Fire online overusing the hotspot of your mobile device.
HOW TO REDUCE AMAZON FIRE DATA USAGE
If you’re constantly using Amazon fire for streaming, you may have noticed how your data usage skyrockets. With numerous shows being released on a weekly basis on Amazon together with the existing ones, it’s hard to resist watching all of them and at the same time being conscious of your data limit.
Reducing your data usage on Amazon fundamentally comes down to adjusting the quality of your video settings as you stream or better still, changing the quality of the video downloads
Take a look at step six below;
- Log into your Amazon account. Once logged in, tab the menu icon represented by three lines. This can be seen very close to the screen top.
- Inside the Amazon Video menu items tab, go to the bottom of the screen and click on Settings.
- There you’ll see different settings you can choose from that can enable you to save data. At first, click on the menu item (Stream and Download)
- Inside the Stream & Download, there are useful data saving settings. Click the streaming quality option on the menu.
- Inside here, you’ll see the various streaming quality options. Select the more suitable one in line with your preference, but preferably, select data Saver.
- Once you’re done with your streaming quality settings, go back Stream and Download Page. From there tick download on Wi-Fi only and stream on Wi-Fi. This will help you not to mistakenly stream data on the mobile network at home. Finally, activate the notify button when streaming on Mobile Data
Buying Amazon kindle fire for occasional use is probably a good investment. Those planning on getting it but thinking how to connect it to the internet without Wi-Fi will find this write-up valuable.
Those who already own an Amazon Fire should look beyond the Wi-Fi connectivity because you can still connect it to the internet when needed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can a Kindle Fire have a data plan?
The Kindle Fire especially the 2ND Generation HD 8.9″ 4G tablet comprises of a bundle plan for the mobile network. Though, some have limits of data transfer within a month and some within three months.
Once the data limit is reached, you’ll incur overage charges or the connection would be shut down.
What Internet browser does Amazon Fire Use?
The Amazon Silk browser is already preinstalled on Fire tablets. This is also available for Amazon Fire TV set-top boxes, sticks, and Fire TV Edition HDTVs. You can easily get if from the app store only on supported devices.
How do I connect my Fire tablet to a hotspot?
- On the device, you want to use as a medium of connection, Turn on Wi-Fi.
- The name of your device or the hotspot name will be shown as an available Wi-Fi network waiting for your device to be connected.
- Lastly, if the device has a password, you’ll be prompted to enter the password to connect to your hotspot.