Xfinity WiFi Security uses cutting edge encryption technology to create a secure network for users. Internet users are vulnerable to various criminal activities online. Xfinity makes a secure hotspot to enable users to stay safe and use the WiFi without fearing personal data loss.
Why Pick Secure Xfinity WiFi Spots
There are two types of WiFi available from Xfinity. You can choose to use the one that is open for everyone within network coverage. It is mostly used in public places like cafes, malls, and parks.
However, if you want an Xfinity connection that is private and comes with security encryption, you can choose the other package. This secure WiFi is downloaded in selected devices. It keeps on screening the users to keep off invaders who are trying to crawl into the network.
When using secure WiFi, users use a password known to them, but the public one is open. This security protection approves users by issuing a certificate, but the validation shows errors, the users should be extra cautious. Free hotspots expose users to internet insecurities, such as an invasion of privacy.
Secure WiFi Technology
Secure Xfinity WiFi is the ideal choice for persons who want a secure network. These are homeowners, office spaces, and private institutions that want their users to be safe online.WPA2 is a progressive technology that uses advanced encryption standards (AES) to create robust networks that hackers cannot compromise.
Users use a secret password that is only shared by those authorized to use the WiFi. Hackers have to struggle to figure out the code which deters them and keeps the users safe. Unlike open WiFi, this is a private connection that can only be accessed by validating the password.
Upgrading WiFi Security Type
If you are currently using xFi, you can upgrade your WiFi to Xfinity WiFi, which is more secure. The process is simple if you have your Xfinity log in details. Here is an outline of the simple steps you can follow:
- Log in to your account
- Navigate to network
- Choose Edit WiFi
- Select Apply Changes
- Then tap Okay
- Give it a minute to reconfigure the changes.
Devices can use Xfinity secure WiFi
The Xfinity fast WiFi can be used with particular gadgets as follows.
- Any Apple device with an operating system above 11.0
- The android device ought to have an operating system that is not below 4.4
- Macbooks that have an operating system of 10.7 X and above
- Microsoft Windows beginning from version 10
Common Secure WiFi Issues
Xfinity secure WiFi offers an excellent connection, but there are some causes to look out if you experience some problems.
- If you cannot connect to the Xfinity network it could indicate that you are not connected to their WiFi. You have to sign up for Xfinity connection.
- To access the Xfinity connection, you must have a security profile. You can install it on your device, and you will be set.
- If you change your password, your connectivity will fail. You have to install your security profile again or use your password to log in back to the network.
- If you cannot solve the problem, you can call the customer support team or chat with them from the Xfinity website.
There are various ways to secure your home Xfinity WiFi including Wired Equivalent or WEP, WiFi Protected Access 2 or WPA and WiFi Protected Access or WPA. However, it is also possible to allow your WiFi to remain in open mode meaning no security measures.
How do you adjust Xfinity security Mode?
Use Xfinity xFi
This is only possible for those with an xFi Gateway, which is accessible to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria. Here are some easy steps to follow:
- Sign in to Xfinity via xfinity.com/myxFi using your Xfinity ID and password.
- Move to Network
- Choose Edit WiFi on the xFi website, but if using the app, choose the Pencil-like icon.
- Click Apply Changes when done
Remember that for any user with xFi pods, it’s impossible to choose open security.
Use the Admin Tool on Your Modem/Router
Follow the steps below:
- Start by connecting to the WiFi
- Navigate to http://10.0.0.1 and then sign in. for new users, the admin is the username and password is the default password.
- Go to Gateway>connection> WiFi and change the security setting, and finally click on the Save Settings icon, which is at the end of the page.
It worth noting that changing security settings via Admin Tool is impossible for users with xFi Pods.
Frequently Asked Questions about Xfinity WiFi Security
Does Xfinity security WiFi limit the number of devices I can use?
The common cause of this problem is password change. You have to update the new password on all the gadgets so that you can access the connectivity. Sometimes if the router is a different brand, you might also not see all your connected devices. You have to test the gadget to see if they are connected to the internet.
How can I control Xfinity WiFi usage with my children?
Xfinity WiFi can be paused when you want all the gadgets to go offline using the Downtime. Anyone connected to your network will be halted from internet access. You can even preplan the Downtime ahead of time. It is an effective way of keeping with schedules such as dinner or study time.
Does xFi parental control block all X-rated sites effectively?
The xFi parental control button helps parents filter inappropriate content, but it does not guarantee that all the X-rated sites are blocked. But any gadgets connected to your network will have limited access to these websites and applications. If you want to open these pages at one time, you have to change the parental control settings.
If you want to access secure WiFi, then xFi is the right choice. It can be used at home or the workplace without worrying about cybercriminals. With the current worldwide pandemic, the internet will enable millions of people to work from home.