For potential subscribers that want to find out how much is Roku, this write-up is for you. If you’re currently contemplating purchasing Roku, there is every tendency you may be confused about the price. The truth is that sometimes the cost of Roku and subscription gets complicated together with renting movies.
As much as Roku is an affordable streaming service, the cost varies when trying to tally up the total price of using one. To curb your confusion, we’ll outline the cost of each Roku package and device.
For more info about Roku then click here.
How Much Is Roku In Total?
The cost of using Roku varies from one user to another. This is because the device and the cost vary, hence you need to decide based on the features you want. However, a Roku device has a starting price of $29.
Apart from the main device, there are other costs involved depending on streaming services and channels. For instance, some channels and services are free while others require you to subscribe or at least pay a one-off fee.
In addition, those that cost money are not set at a particular price. In all, it depends on what you want. Furthermore, there are On-Demand channels like Redbox for the pay-as-you-go option. You can as well rent or make a full purchase of your preferred movie. Below are current Roku devices and their prices;
- Roku Express — Price: $29.99. This is the most affordable device but it offers only HD 1080p and not 4K. It also has a simple remote. This is ideal for first-time streamers, for a second TV, and especially for those on a budget.
- Roku Premiere — Price: $34.00. This appears a little different but it’s still the same as the Express. The major difference is that it can stream 4K content.
- Roku Streaming Stick+ — Price: $47.33. When it comes to portability, this is the device to go for. The size can be compared with a flash drive. It can be plugged directly into the HDMI port of your TV. Also, it has a voice remote and also has a long-range wireless receiver.
- Roku Ultra LT — Price: $79.99. This is referred to as a permanent entertainment system. It has extended wireless with an Ethernet port. A microSD card can be inserted for expanded channel storage. There is also an enhanced voice remote but there is no HDMI cable.
- Roku Ultra — Price: $79.00. This is the latest Roku model (Ultra 4800R). It remains the fastest so far with powerful features. It comprises a power wireless receiver together with an Ethernet port. Furthermore, it has 4K capability, Bluetooth connectivity, and can stream Dolby Vision.
- Roku Smart Soundbar — Price: $149.99. This is a great option for those that want to improve the sound of their television. This is actually a powerful speaker with an inbuilt Roku player. It also supports Dolby audio and it also has more than one sound mode with speech clarity options. It also has a USB port which is needed for local playback and it supports Bluetooth. There is also a voice remote.
- Roku Streambar — Price: $129.00. This is another latest model similar to Smart Soundbar but it’s cheaper and even more compact. the major difference is that it does not have a dedicated Ethernet port, but the USB port can be used to establish a connection with an Ethernet adapter. There is also a voice remote.
- Roku TV — Now to the most expensive. However, the price will be worth it if you intend to upgrade your TV. Having a Roku player together in a TV gives a unique experience. It also has simple remote control. There is no specific price because it has different brands but the starting price is around $151.99
We hope the prices of these Roku devices have certainly cleared up any confusion about the cost of Roku. Remember this is just the device price. However, you’ll be required to pay an additional fee if you want to subscribe to a particular channel or pay a one-off fee for your favorite content.
Frequently asked questions
What is the monthly charge for Roku?
You won’t be charged for watching any free channel(s) on Roku. However, you’ll be charged if you need channels like Netflix, Sling TV, and other rental services.
What is the cost of each channel on Roku?
Whenever you want to add a channel from Roku, there are two options to choose from; Buy $0.99, Subscription per month – $1.99.
Is Roku actually free?
There is a free Roku app for iOS and Android. This will enhance your Roku usage both at home and on the road.