If you’re among the subscribers asking how to get discovery plus, this write-up is for you. Over time, Discovery has grown to become one of the popular trusted real-life entertainment platforms. This has made them venture into the streaming business. They were able to introduce their streaming platform with exclusive content to satisfy the yarning need of their different products that offer premium real-life entertainment. This has been the push why many subscribers are asking how to get discovery plus.
Discovery plus is different because it offers aggregate content that cuts across all the Discovery brands such as Food Network, HGTV, TLC, OWN, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Magnolia Network. they also have content from other partners like Group Nine Media, A&E Networks, Collection of BBC’s Natural History, and many others.
Majority of other streaming services are focused on the creation of scripted series, but Discovery still focuses on their large market of reality TV. This ranges from cooking shows, competition shows, home renovation shows, and other live reality TV series.
How to get discovery plus
You can get discovery plus by doing the following below;
Discovery plus consists of two tiers when it comes to pricing —
- Ad-supported tier $4.99 per month
- Ad-free tier for $6.99 per month.
However, there are other ways you can get the service free of charge. It’s still possible to upgrade from the ad-supported tier to the ad-free tier. On each of the accounts, you can use five different profiles where four can be streaming simultaneously. This is similar to Disney plus and Peacock subscription.
Free Trials & Verizon Freebies
Currently, Discovery plus offers a 7-day free trial for all their new customers but you need to subscribe through a credit card. You have the option of selecting either the $4.99 tier or the $6.99 tier before you can enjoy the free trial. For Verizon customer deals, it’s possible to get up to 12-months free for Discovery plus. The plans are below;
- Play More or Get More Unlimited plan gives new and existing wireless customers 12 months access to discovery plus at no extra charge. the plan costs $45. It offers unlimited talk as well as texting. It also comes with 5G Ultra-Wideband, 5G total access, 5G Nationwide including unlimited hotspot 15 GB, premium network access, 5G Nationwide, and 4G LTE data. You’ll also get to enjoy the Disney bundle without any charge gives you free Apple Music for six months.
- The Start or Do More Unlimited plans subscribers have the opportunity of getting six months of free discovery plus at no extra charge. This plan still goes for $45. You still get to enjoy unlimited talk and text, comes with total access 5G, 4G LTE data, 5G Nationwide, 5G Ultra-Wideband, premium network access, unlimited hotspot 15 GB, 5G Nationwide. You stand a chance to enjoy Disney plus, Apple Music, and six months of free discovery plus. The plan also comprises Verizon cloud storage of 600GB which gives you 50% off unlimited for every connected device.
- Fios Gigabit or 5G Home Internet connection new and existing customers are qualified for free 12-months service of Discovery plus. Also, new Fios customers can be eligible based on their plan.
You can check to know the Verizon plan applicable to you.
Devices for accessing Discovery plus
The following devices support Discovery plus;
- Android phones and tablets (downloadable through Google Play Store)
- Apple phones and tablets (downloadable through Apple App Store)
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Roku devices
- Samsung TVs
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire Stick
- Google Chromecast
- Xbox gaming consoles
- Web browsers via desktop or laptop
Original Content on discovery plus
For those who are concerned that subscription to Discovery plus will just be about old reruns for some legacy shows, well you shouldn’t be. There are numerous original new contents on the Discovery plus some are from Discovery Inc. In short, on Discovery plus, you’re guaranteed to enjoy more than 1000 hours of strictly original content. Some are derivatives from the company’s existing TV content. This has been the biggest draw for subscribers that enjoy the channel but are still undecided about subscribing to the service. For instance, some big names you get to see on the platform include; Ludacris, Kevin Hart, David Schwimmer, Amy Schumer. All these and more are part of new projects set to be launched later in the year.
Discovery plus availability on the different platforms remains its biggest selling point of the platform. For instance, other streaming platforms launched without access to some devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, etc. But Discovery plus can be accessed across numerous devices and the signup process is very easy.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to get Discovery plus on my TV?
Through your play store, search Discovery plus on the search bar. Click on the app icon when it appears among the result list. Here you can get to see the app overview. Then depending on the version of your Android, select Install or Get.
What is the best approach to sign up for Discovery Plus?
It’s easy to sign up to discovery plus which will give you access to features and favorites to continue streaming based on history recommendation. If you don’t have an account, visit http://www.discoveryplus.co.uk, sign-up to create an account.
Does Amazon Prime have a discovery plus?
Discovery plus will soon be added to video channels. Amazon and Discovery have finalized the deal for Discovery plus to be streamed on Amazon Fire TV devices. With this, subscribers can now watch all content directly from the Amazon prime video app.
What content can I get for free is on Discovery Plus?
To an extent, Discovery plus is free because you can continue to watch some of your favorite shows from networks like Quest, HGTV, Quest Red, Food Network, DMAX shows. All these can be streamed live. You can register for a 30-day catch-up on Discovery plus by registering for a free account.