We compared Spectrum Tier 1 and Tier 2 packages and which one is better
Over the years, Spectrum has been known as a formidable telecommunication company that offers numerous services across the entire telecommunication fields such as internet, television, voice calls, etc.
In delivering these services, they’ve provided the best packages for their subscribers to take advantage of. For instance, in the area of cable television services, they’ve made available packages that are suitable for everyone’s needs. Having said this, they’ve tier 1 and tier 2, which is often available in TV packages. In each of these tiers, Spectrum offers different channels.
In most cases, Spectrum customers struggle to decide whether Spectrum tier 1 or Tier 2 is the most appropriate for their needs. Among both tiers, Spectrum tier 1 seems to be the most subscribed packages. This is because it tends to give subscribers full control of their TV and internet use altogether. In this write-up, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about the Spectrum Tier 1 and Tier 2 package. In the end, you’ll be informed on which package to pitch your tenth.
Spectrum Digi Tier 1
Spectrum tier 1 package is grouped under the same category as Spectrum Gold and the internet package. That means you can get the same cable services in both. With the Tier 1 package, you can use your DVR to stream 100+ channels. There is really a lot to watch.
What Services Does Spectrum Digi Tier 1 Package Offer?
In this package, there is an additional 50 channels that you can watch apart from the channels that are typically included. For instance, the collection comprises of
- Wild Life,
- Cooking Channel
- Sprout, etc.
- Inspirational Network
On the part of the premium TV shows, you’ll get amazing pictures from some premium channels like
- The Movie Channel
Other essential channels included in the Tier 1 package include;
- NFL Network,
- Reelz Channel,
- Nick Jr.,
- VH1 Classic.
- The Science Channel
As you can see, the Tier 1 package provides a combination of high definition and standard programming. This means the majority of the channels are displayed together with their HD counterparts. However, there are some channels that their availability is subject to a specific location.
Hence, you must check Charter.net for channel availability and listings based on different areas. From there, you’ll also get additional information about other channel packages such as Silver, Select, Gold Spectrum, and their locational benefits.
Below are the detailed program channels in Spectrum Tier 1 package that will be enjoyed by potential subscribers.
- Local Sports Channels – Along with some sports channels mentioned before, Tier 1 also has other local sports channels, including other public channels. In other words, if you’re a sports fan, there will always be a station for you to stream your favourite sports. You won’t miss out on any regional or global live sports broadcasting again.
- Home Shopping Channels – You’ll also get to stream many home shopping channels with several genuine products on display. You’ll also get to see some government-owned channels among these local shopping channels, especially in the Gold package.
- Location Subjected Channels – Aside from the Spectrum Tier 1 usual channels, there are also some location-oriented channels such as the BBC, Science, Regional Wild Life, and much more.
- Programming Channels – You’ll get to select both HD and SD quality programming channels. Alternatively, you can make a selection based on the high definition channels.
Also, Charter Spectrum has outlined in-depth channels listings based on their location. To get to view this, navigate to the support section of their website, and find the channels peculiar to the area where you reside.
Spectrum Tier 2
Tier 2 is another package designed by Spectrum. Basically, in this package, you’ll get to find other tires with their peculiar channels. For example, Spectrum Tier 2 is programmed with extra 25 channels and already existing basic channels. Some of the channels include;
- NFL Network
- Outdoor Channel
- Fox College Sports
- CBS Sports Network
- Tennis Channels
Furthermore, as a subscriber in the Spectrum Tier 2, you’ll be opportune to access many on-demand titles in addition to Series, News channels, and blockbuster movie channels. All these can be accessed via the app, which is available on Google Play Store and App Store.
All that is required is to download the app on any of these devices; smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart televisions. You might wish to know that Tier 2 is designed to be offered in Spectrum Gold Package, which comprises channels like Starz, Encore, Epix, RedZone, etc.
Things To Factor In When Using The Spectrum Tier 2
- Browser – If you intend to subscribe to the Spectrum Tier 2 package, it’s essential to use the right browser. For instance, browsers that are compatible include the following; Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. These have higher compatibility when compare to other browsers.
- Cache & Cookies – In most cases, you might find it difficult to choose a particular channel. At this point, you need to check if the browser is clogged with cache and cookies. If it is, then you need to clear the browser. Furthermore, some apps running in the background might cause performance lags, which will affect the browser. So it would be best if you closed them.
- Right Website – Some people most times will find it challenging to access some channels because they’re logged into the wrong website. So it would be best if you rechecked to make sure the website you’re trying to access is Spectrum.net. From here, you can choose the correct channel link.
Benefits Of Spectrum Tier 1 And Tier 2
As stated earlier, Spectrum TV offers internet services that span across to more than a third of the United States across about 42 states. The company remains a true “Cable TV” because they use coaxial cables to deliver all their services, which is opposite to a fiber-optic or satellite network. Hence, if you’re in the market for a Standard cable TV service, the Spectrum tier remains the ideal choice. By subscribing to them, you’ll get to enjoy important channels all on HD at no additional cost. Below are some other benefit you get to enjoy with Spectrum Tier 1 and Tier 2;
- It includes basic channels and much more – Both Tiers offers all top networks and premium networks. Other channels include international channels, Sports, etc.
- Spectrum mobile app for Streaming – With the Spectrum TV app, you can stream uncountable on-demand TV shows in your house or even on-the-go. The app is compatible with Android devices, Kindle, Apple iOS, Xbox, Roku players, and Samsung Smart TVs (from 2012 edition). You can still make use of the same login details to stream using your computer.
- HD programming – Both tiers also offer high picture resolution of up to 1080p at no additional cost. Though the actual picture quality will depend on the program and channel, you intend to stream.
- On-demand shows – Already Spectrum advertises for uncountable on-demand titles. However, the actual number will depend on the Spectrum Tier you finally subscribe to.
- Spanish package is also available – Both Tier also offers Spanish-language entertainment.
Spectrum Equipment And Fees
Whichever Spectrum package you decide to subscribe to between Tier 1 and Tier 2, it’s essential to know that both come with its share of fees.
- $10-$15 per month for a Broadcast fee – There is a broadcast fee attached to both tiers, but it will vary depending on the area you reside in. However, some people think the fee is unreasonable and unfair. The truth is that, when compared to other traditional TV providers, you’ll discover the fees are similar. So the broadcast fee is not peculiar to Spectrum alone.
- $7.99 per month for TV box fee – A receiver is needed on any TV you intend to use Spectrum. In other words, you’ll need a Spectrum HD TV receiver for every TV and will be charged separately.
- $4.99 per month for DVR – Actually, the $4.99 is for a single device, while you’ll have to pay $9.99 per month if you intend using two or more devices. When the price is compared to others, it is actually small for a DVR service. However, when it comes to recordings, you need to be strategic about it because you can only record a maximum of two shows simultaneously. Among all the compulsory fees to be paid, this is the only fee you can actually avoid.
- Installation fee – The self-installation costs $9.99, while the professional installation costs $49.99. For the self-installation, all the cables you’ll need are all factored in that fee. The installation is not complicated, per se. So once you can do it, you’ll end up saving $40.
- There is an increase in price after every promo period – It’s essential you know that after enjoy a special promo, which often lasts for 6-12 months, your Spectrum bill will be increased up to $35 per month. If you’ve a phone bill, expect a $10 increase while the TV bill will increase by $25 per month.
- $8.95 for late payment – There is a late payment fee that will be triggered if you miss paying 30 days after your original due date. In an actual sense, the grace period is Spectrum being generous.
In case you’re pondering how much all these fees will add up to, here is an example if you decide to go for a Spectrum TV Silver Tier for $70 per month. You’ll also have to factor in the monthly TV box fee and broadcast fee, including the DVR fee. All will be amounting to a maximum of $103 per month.
Then these fees will increase to $25 per month after enjoying the 12 months’ promo period. The actual total will be about $128 per month, but this will depend on your location.
The good thing about Spectrum Tier 1 and Tier 2 is that it comprises bundles for everyone, no matter what you need. This means you won’t have to boarder yourself about paying for a service you might not eventually use. This is Spectrum being understood that their potential subscribers have different needs. So if you want a combination of phone, TV or internet package, there is a plan you can afford.
These tiers are intentionally designed to meet the needs of the diverse channels of their users. For instance, if your intention is to be abreast of what is happening in sports, entertainment, and news, Spectrum Tier 1 has all you need. On the other hand, Spectrum Tier 2 is suitable if you need on-demand content, news, and sports channels combined. When compared to different tiers, it has an additional 25 channels.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are some of the channels in Spectrum Tier 2?
In Spectrum Tier 2, you get to have additional 25 channels such as NFL Redzone, ESPN U, Tennis Channel, CBS Sports Network, HBO movies & shows, Encore, Fox College, Epix, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz.
What are some of the Spectrum Tier 1 channels?
There are additional 50 channels in Tiers 1, some of which include; BBC America, Biography, Nick Jr, Cooking Channel, Fox Business Network, Inspirational Network, and Sprout Best series, Cinemax, HBO movies & shows from HBO, and Showtime.
What are the tiers for Spectrum?
There are three different TV packages by Spectrum.
- Spectrum Select TV includes 125+ channels.
- Spectrum Silver TV includes 175+ channels.
- Spectrum Gold TV includes 200+ channels.
What is the cheapest spectrum TV package?
The cheapest Spectrum cable TV package is Spectrum TV® Select ($44.99/mo.). It includes 125+ channels, including ESPN, Discovery Channel, CNN, HGTV, Lifetime, TLC, and many more.
Can you Spectrum TV be accessed without internet service?
Yes, there is a Spectrum TV plan without the internet. In other words, there are standalone and traditional cable TV plans you can subscribe to without the internet. But if you want Spectrum TV Stream, it comes along with an internet service.
Is Spectrum TV choice a better deal?
Spectrum TV Choice can be an ideal choice for you if you’ve already subscribed and won’t mind signing a two-year contract. When compared with other packages, Spectrum TV Choice is actually cheaper at $24.99 per month.