Here’s our updated review of Spectrum TV for 2021 and we answer all the pressing questions and more in this article.
Spectrum TV has earned its place as one of the big players in the TV space. And with their services readily available across 42 states, getting plugged to one of the best TV service providers has never been easier.
With no contractual agreement, coupled with their fair pricing and decent channel selections, Spectrum TV is an appealing prospect from the get-go.
If you’ve always wanted to keep up with your favourite TV shows and movies on premium channels like HBO and Showtime, Spectrum TV is just the way to go as their outstanding channel lineups will keep you hooked up to your favourite programs.
Read on to find impressive details about Spectrum TV and why we think they are the next big thing.
Spectrum TV Pricing and Package
Spectrum TV is a decent choice for TV lovers looking for a unique TV service provider that puts them first. With Spectrum TV, there are three exclusive packages you can select from.
So depending on what you’re looking for and your budget, you’ll fancy one of their package offerings. Here, check out their unique package offerings; we are sure you’ll find one that suits your taste.
- TV Select: Spectrum TV Select plan promises to deliver an incredible TV experience you’ll always relish. With over 125 channels up for watching, keeping up with your favorite TV programs is now easy and hassle-free. For just $44.99 every month, you’ll never have to miss out on your favourite programs, ever again.
If you need to keep it cheap while enjoying seamless access to popular channels, this package is perfect for you. But keep in mind that you’ll be missing out on some sports channels if you opt for this package.
- TV Silver package: This is where Spectrum TV shines. Featuring fantastic channels, including popular networks, Spectrum TV Silver package offers you a decent channel selection you’ll not get with other providers. The cool part is that this package is affordable and starts at only $69.99 a month.
With over 175 channels available, you’ll find impressive TV programs that will keep you hooked up all day long. For avid TV lovers, Spectrum TV’s Silver package has everything you have ever wanted and more. Subscribe to this package right away, and you’ll be glad you did.
- TV Gold: For sports enthusiasts, the Spectrum TV Gold package will make a great choice as it features tons of sports channels you’ll love. With their fantastic blends of sports channels, you can now keep up with your favorite sporting events. On top of that, you get to enjoy their “A” list channels, including popular networks. With exclusive access to over 200 channels and on-demand content at $89.99 every month, there is no better deal in all of TV than this brilliant package.
Spectrum TV contract
There is this peace of mind that comes; knowing that you’re not tied to a one or two-year contract. And guess what, this is where Spectrum TV shines the most.
With Spectrum TV, you can kiss goodbye to contractual agreements and early termination fees. So if you’re tired of TV service providers that lure you into signing obnoxious contracts with them, you’ll be happy to give Spectrum TV a try as they put the power right back into your hands.
Spectrum TV Contract Terminations Fees
Since there is no contractual agreement with Spectrum TV, you can finally be at peace knowing that you’ll not be charged early termination fees when you decide to opt-out of their services. With Spectrum TV, there is no commitment. Plus, you can come and go as you please.
Spectrum TV channel selections
Even with its basic package, Spectrum TV still includes some of your favourite channels.
Did you know that Spectrum TV channels can be a lot higher than stated on their plan? Oh yes, this is because some locations have more channels than others. So if you’re lucky to reside in areas with more channel lineups, you’ll enjoy a swell time watching tons of TV programs.
Although Spectrum TV features lots of music and shopping channels, we were impressed with the channel lineup on their Select package. More so, most of our favourite networks were included, even with their cheapest package.
If you’re looking for more premium channels and more niche networks, you’ll want to upgrade to their Silver or Gold package, where you’ll enjoy exclusive access to premium channels like HBO, Showtime, and more.
With their Silver or Gold package, you’ll enjoy access to top networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nicktoons, and TeenNick. You’ll also get tons of sports channels with their gold plan.
Like most TV service providers, Spectrum TV offers similar premium channels. But the good thing with Spectrum TV is that if you upgrade to their Silver or Gold package, you’ll be able to enjoy their premium channels for free.
Here is a break down of their premium channel offerings along with their pricing.
- HBO, $15 per month
- Epix, $5.99 per month
- Cinemax, $9.99 per month
- Starz, $9.99 per month
- Showtime, $15 per month
Looking at their packages, it makes no sense to add premium channels to their Select package, when you can opt for their Silver or Gold package and enjoy these premium networks for free.
Spectrum TV is a powerhouse when it comes to offering sports content. With their basic package, you’ll enjoy access to ESPN and other major sports networks. But if you want to enjoy more sports content, you’ll want to go for their Silver or Gold plan. Here is a list of sports channels on their cheapest package;
- Fox Sports 1
- NBC Sports Networks
To get more exciting sports channels like NBA TV, NHL Network, NFL Network, and NFL RedZone, you’ll want to subscribe to their Silver or Gold package. That’s where the main sporting actions take place.
Spectrum TV fees
While Spectrum extra fees aren’t outrageous when compared to other TV service providers, they add up quickly. Read on to discover additional charges you’re likely to incur when using Spectrum TV.
- Extra Set-Top boxes: If you’re going to be using Spectrum TV on more than one TV, then you’ll need to get an extra set-top box. And with Spectrum TV, you’ll have to pay an additional $7.50 on your monthly bill for an extra set-top box. This isn’t such a bad deal especially considering that other TV service providers charge as high as $10 per month for an additional set-top box.
- DVR fees: Spectrum TV charges you additional $4.99 per month for DVR services for a single box. But if you’re using two to four boxes, they will charge you a flat rate of $9.99.
- No additional HD fees: This is one of the perks that come with subscribing to Spectrum TV. With Spectrum TV, you can watch your favourite movies and TV shows in HD at no extra cost. While some TV providers will charge you an additional $10 per month to watch your favourite TV programs in HD, Spectrum lets you enjoy deep HD experience free of charge.
- Broadcast and regional sports fees: Spectrum TV broadcast fee can be as high as $11.99. And while we agree that this is one of the highest we have come across, you’ll need to give them credit for including regional sports fee to their broadcasting fee. With other providers, you’ll be paying close to $15 for these services. So no matter how you see it, Spectrum TV is still a tad affordable.
- Installation fee: With Spectrum TV, there are two installation options. Either you choose to do it yourself, or you opt for professional services. Their self-installation kit will cost around $9.99 while their professional installation service will cost $49.99. But since most people can set up their spectrum TV themselves, we will suggest you save the money and do it yourself. Simply follow their detailed installation guide, and you’re good to go.
Spectrum TV on-demand content
Spectrum TV is packed with tons of on-demand content that will keep you glued to your screens all day long. For people who stay at home very often and looking to keep busy, Spectrum TV is just what you need.
With over 200 Live TV and 30,000 on-demand titles, you’ll never run out of what to watch with. If you’re always on the go, Spectrum TV will grant you exclusive access to over 150 Live TV and 20,000 on-demand titles, this way you can keep up with your favourite programs.
Compared to our favourite DVR, the Hopper 3 from DISH, Spectrum DVR is lagging in a lot of ways. While the Spectrum DVR offers you 21 hours of HD, the Hopper 3 can store up to 500 hours of HD. The only cool thing with Spectrum TV DVR is that is pretty cheap and starts from $4.99 per month.
In a bid to improve their DVR offerings, Spectrum TV launched a cloud-based DVR, but it’s still in its beta state. Hopefully, they will release the full version soon. With Spectrum TV DVR, you can save up to 50 programs for 90 days.
Spectrum TV Bundling options
Spectrum TV offers exciting bundling perks you don’t want to miss out on. With their Tripple Play deal, you can finally bundle TV, internet and phone services while saving more. The cool thing with their internet services is that there are no data caps, and it comes with a free modem that allows you to stream, download and surf the internet without any hassle.
Frequently asked questions
Is Spectrum TV free on Roku?
Using Spectrum TV on Roku is free, so you’ll not be required to pay any special fee. However, you’ll have to subscribe to Spectrum TV before you can stream on Roku.
How much does Spectrum charge for installation?
With spectrum TV, there are two installation options for you. Either you do it yourself, or you opt for professional installation services for $49.99.
Does Spectrum tie you to a contract?
One of the perks of choosing Spectrum TV is that they don’t tie you to any contractual agreement. This means you can opt-out of their services any time you like.
Spectrum TV isn’t such a bad choice after all. And we love the fact that they don’t tie you down to any annoying contracts.
Thanks to their impressive channel selection, transparent pricing, decent on-demand content and more, Spectrum TV will go should-to-shoulder with the big boys in the TV industry. Although they don’t impress us with their DVR, their exceptional services are not in doubt.