If you want to learn how to add Spectrum to Roku, this write-up is for you.
The Spectrum TV service is a channel app that fits most modern streaming devices. With this app, you’ll have the opportunity to watch numerous on-demand movies and TV shows including other TV channels that can be received on Spectrum.
It’s indeed an all-inclusive package that will benefit reality TV fans, movie, and sports fans. For those who might also want to use this as a stand-alone app, it is possible to connect it to your Roku device.
With it, you won’t need to always move change your HDMI sources frequently just to watch your favorite content.
Requirements for Spectrum TV use
There are certain things you need to do before you can be able to connect your Spectrum TV app directly to your Roku account.
First, to ensure the app’s functionality works, there is a need to subscribe to either satellite or cable subscriptions. But first, you need to set up a Spectrum account with your preferrable username.
Then with your computer or smartphone, use your preferrable web browser to finish the task. But, to begin using the Spectrum TV on your Roku, you need to wait from 24-72 hours.
Once you travel or reside abroad, there is every tendency you’ll be unable to get the support from Spectrum TV, not that this is intentional though.
For the best Spectrum viewing experience, you need to purchase a newer version of the Roku device i.e., the third-generation model. This is because the Spectrum app does not function on the Rokufirst generation.
Adding Spectrum TV to Roku
Navigating to your Roku’s channel store and adding Spectrum is the easiest method to get this done. When you visit the page, tap on add channel, then sign in using your Roku details.
After a few moments, the channel will be added to your Roku device. Alternatively, you can as well add this from the Roku operating system.
Follow the steps below to get it done;
- Connect your Roku device to reliable internet, the navigate to Rokuhome.
- With your remote control, scroll down the options before selecting streaming channels.
- A new page will pop up, click search channels.
- Search ‘Spectrum TV’ using the on-screen keyboard on your Roku channel. From the result, select Spectrum TV. Then wait until it’s added. Note: If you created a new PIN during the process of setting up your account, you’ll be prompted to add it.
- When the Spectrum TV has been added to your device successfully, tap on the OK button. You’ll be returned to the home screen. proceed and launch the newly added app.
Note: For to successfully move the Spectrum TV in your Roku device on top of the grid, first highlight it, tap on the (✱) button on your remote, the move.
Alternatively, you can still use the arrow buttons on your remote to transfer it to another position on your channel grid.
Activating Spectrum TV on Roku
This involves a straightforward method;
- When you launch the channel, you’ll be prompted to type in the username and password you used to open the account, then click continue.
- If your Spectrum TV is the same as your Spectrum internet, you can sign in automatically.
- On the next page, accept the ‘End-Use License Agreement.’ This will send you to the Spectrum home page.
- If it’s your first time activating the channel, you need to be patient for the home page to fully load.
Using Spectrum TV App on Roku
The Spectrum channel offers a faultless and intuitive user experience.
- The home page is clutter-free and comprises of just the search bar with few tabs such as My Library, Guide, Live TV, and On-Demand. If you tab on Live TV the last channel you watched will begin to stream automatically.
- Click on the left arrow button on your Roku remote will start the channel guide. From the option, you can switch to a different channel.
- On the mini channel guide, tap on the left-arrow button again to expand the filter and sort options.
- The channels can also be sorted using their network name or the number. It’s also possible to filter using the genre or your favorites.
- On the guide page, you’ll have complete access to the channel guide. Also, you can as well view what is being broadcasted at the moment including the upcoming programs on the schedule.
- The On-Demand-section will give you access to more TV shows and movies on the Spectrum package.
- All the category of the content is grouped under the feature tab. On the other hand, the network tab differentiates their network. When a movie is selected as a TV show or movie from the library, the detailed summary will be displayed with an option to watch if you want. There are also more episodes to be explored, check cast, see related content, and add to the watchlist. To view history or access the watchlist, go through the library page.
- You’ll get to see a cogwheel icon on the home page. You go to the settings menu where you can get rid of the watchlist, view history, set the parental control, and log out.
With this guide, you now know how to add Spectrum to Roku. As stated earlier, a Spectrum TV app and reliable internet are needed if you want to watch any live channel or On-Demand on your Roku.
The unique thing about the Spectrum app is that it can be used on either Roku 2,3,4 generations, Express +, Roku Premiere, TVs, and Streaming, Roku Soundbars Roku TV, etc.
The challenge is that you’ll experience constant playback errors when streaming especially if you’re using an old version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it difficult to get Spectrum on Roku?
As a result of a contract dispute, the Spectrum TV app was removed from the channel store. Those who use a streaming device to access their channels, especially on a different TV, need to note that the Spectrum app is not available for now.
How does Roku blend as well with Spectrum?
Installing Spectrum channel on your Roku device will enable you to stream the entire cable package live in addition to premium, local broadcast, and On-Demand channels. The modem is not for the internet but for using your preferred TV to stream Spectrum.
Do I still need a Spectrum cable box if I already have a Roku device?
You either purchase a cable box or do online registration, purchase, and set up a Roku device on your preferred TV. With Roku, you’re making use of the Spectrum TV app which is the same as a smartphone or tablet. The disadvantage to this is that you must have Spectrum Wi-Fi/Internet to access all the channels.