Is your Xfinity TV stuck on the welcome screen where it says “Welcome Connecting to your Entertainment Experience”, there are a few reasons why this may be happening and we have a few quick fixes that may help?
Modern cable boxes are electronic devices that are used by cable companies to define your channel’s lineup. When you unplug your cable box, the memory is lost, but once it’s plugged back, the cable box commences a booting process that will reconnect the cable. In some cases, the boot process will not be completed; instead, it will get stuck on the welcome screen. In this write-up, instructions on how to fix this error will be outlined.
How To Fix It
You can also reset your Xfinity television boxes via the following options below;
- My Account Online
- The Xfinity My Account App
- The Help Menu
- Using the power button
- From device settings
Each of these methods will be explained below;
Restart from My Account Online
- Log in to My Account.
- Navigate down and click on Manage TV. This option can also be selected from the service tab. Alternatively; you can decide to choose the particular TV box you intend to restart from the tab.
- Click on the Troubleshoot button.
- From here, you need to review all the standard solutions listed to ensure none is affecting your service. Then click Continue.
- Two options will surface:
- System Refresh: This will fix most of the errors such as DVR & On-Demand errors, missing channels. When this is selected, all the boxes inside the home will restart, and it will last for about 10 minutes.
- Restart Device: With this, you’ve just one option to select a single TV box to restart. This can also handle errors such as slow performance, audio issues, etc. The process takes about 5 minutes to be completed. When you select Device Restart, you’ll be directed to the screen displaying TV Box selection. You can now choose the box you intend to restart.
- Click on the method you prefer, then press troubleshooting.
Note: The TV boxes must not be unplugged as the system refreshes. Furthermore, recordings, including TV, will be unavailable as long as this process lasts.
Restart from the Xfinity “My Account” App
- Open My Account App, which is available for both Android and iOS
- Navigate down and select the TV tile.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- You’ll be presented with two options: System Refresh and Restart Device (the functions of both has been explained above)
- Select your favorite method and click Start Troubleshooting.
- Do not disconnect or turn off any of your TV boxes as the process is restarting.
Restart Via the Help Menu
- On your remote control button, press the A button so you can access the Help menu.
- Click on the OK button, then select Restart tile.
- Click the OK button the second time, then press Restart.
- The TV box will start restarting. This will take some moments.
Restart Via the Power Button.
If the Television you use has a Power button:
- Make sure the cables are strongly protected.
- Press & hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Once you release your hand, the TV Box should restart automatically.
Restart Via the Power Cord
If you’ve got the Xi5/Xi6 Wireless or the XG1v4 DVR TV Box and it does not have a Power button, then do the following;
- Disconnect the TV-Box itself and wait for 10 seconds.
- Then connect it back.
Restart via the Device Settings
- On your remote control, click on the Xfinity button.
- Using either the right or left arrow button to highlight Settings (which has a gear icon). Click OK.
- Using the Down arrow, highlight the Device Settings. Click OK.
- With the same down arrow, select the Power Preferences. Click OK.
- Next, highlight Restart. Click OK.
- With the right arrow button, select Restart. Click OK.
- You’ll see an X1 Welcome screen.
- The TV Box will resume to play the previous channel.
What will happen as you Restart the TV Box?
- It won’t affect your guide information – Your guide information will remain intact. However, you need to allow it to reload.
- The menu settings won’t be affected – All your preference remains the same, including your Purchase PIN and the Locks PIN.
- Your playback and recordings might be affected. But this depends on when the TV Box is restarted:
- When an X1DVR is restarted as it records a particular program, the program being recorded will be interrupted but will resume when TV Box is powered back. Hence, it’s important not to restart the X1DVR as a program is being recorded.
- On an X1DVR TV Box, playback will stop any streaming recordings whenever it is restarted but resumed when the restart has been completed.
- Programs that are already recorded will not be lost.
- Recording that has been scheduled will remain intact. So you won’t need to schedule it again.
When these methods are applied, your Xfinity box will completely boot. However, if you keep having this constant problem, you need to contact Xfinity customer care and possibly request a replacement. Alternatively, this box can be taken to their office so a technician can take a good look at it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the method of unfreezing Xfinity TV?
- Use the power button to restart.
- Make sure the cables are firmly secured.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- It will automatically restart.
My Xfinity TV is not connecting. What could be the problem?
Please do the following to rectify it: First, check to ensure all the cable on the wall and device are well tight and connected to the TV box. Next, check the remote control and TV batteries. Finally, check that all cables are in the right port.
The boot appears on my Xfinity box. What could be the cause?
When this happens, it means your box is in a boot loop state. You can rectify it by unplugging the box from the back and wait for at least 30 seconds before you connect it again. If the error persists, you need to reach out to the customer support department and request a swap.
For an Xfinity box to completely reboot, how long will it take?
In most cases, it won’t be more than 15 minutes. However, the program guide, together with other services, can take up to 40-45 minutes before all will be available.