As of September 2019, Verizon communications remains the most far-reaching wireless phone carrier across the United States, with subscribers totaling up to 151.5 million enjoying different Verizon Wireless plans. Across the nation, its network remains the fastest, so if you want the most reliable mobile service in the U.S., Verizon remains your best option.
The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers communications, information, and different entertainment products and services to businesses, consumers, and governmental agencies.
This same subsidiary is also the one in charge of the functionality of Verizon’s message plus. This application provides you with a lot more features as compared to the pre-installed messages application on your phone. Below are differences between Verizon message plus and the pre-installed message in case you’re having difficulty making a choice
Comparing Message vs Message Plus
Verizon Message Plus
The app was launched with Android 4.2 operating system. Later the app was overhauled after the launch of Android 8.0. Finally, it was later relaunched as Message+. The name implies that it has some added features which were not there previously. Verizon Messages plus is a text messages app that lets you incorporate your messages across well-suited devices. So, if you have a tablet, an android phone, and even a PC, it’s easy to sync all your messages using this app. Message plus also ensures with your tablets; you can make and receive calls. With these customizable conversations, staying in touch between your family, co-workers, friends, and even a group or individual chart won’t be a problem.
The app also comes along with extra features like Glympse, eGift Cards, Yahoo Media Search, Kanvas, Yelp, and more. The message plus app also supports engaging public profiles, location tracking, and driving mode.
- Message sync across devices
- Works of all device platforms
- Feature-rich with support for Wi-Fi
- Has the ability to use multiple devices to chat at once.
- Has more communication options for effective message experience
- Works only if you have an American number.
- Galaxy S9 and S10 support are very complex.
- For RCS (chatting) to function, the app has to be present on both sides.
- It drains your battery fast because it keeps accessing your location.
Almost every official devices have this as a default tool for sending and receiving a text, MMS, and even chat messages. These features come preinstalled, which means the user does not have to sign up for any extra service features. Furthermore, the app provides user access to blocking, extended search, message protection, dual-SIM support, URLs previews, supports Talkback, etc. the integration and operation of these features in Samsung and android devices are flawless.
- Feature-rich with support for Wi-Fi.
- Message sync across devices.
- You can use it on any device via the web app. So even without your phone, you’re good to go.
- It does not have a restriction on sending any type of Multimedia messages (photos, videos, Gifs, voice messages, etc.)
- Many features are dependent on the device, work on Samsung devices such as it only allows you to enjoy Rich Communication Service with other Samsung devices that are on the same network.
- Weak support for desktop browsers.
- Inability to achieve your message, making it a huge set back.
What Might Prevent the “Message+ From Working” on Verizon?
Cache: In some cases, some data might be cached by applications to reduce loading times and also provide a smoother and better experience. But, over time this cache might be corrupted which can end up disrupting the application’s functionality which in turn triggers this error on your device.
Default Messaging Application: This default application which is incorporated into the device operating system can end up sabotaging the Verizon Message Plus app. This prevents certain features of the app from functioning optimally or even prevents it from loading in general.
Clear your Cache – You need to clear the cached data for some applications which are integral to the working of the message+ app.
Changing Permissions – Occasionally, the stock messaging application can draw over message plus app and prevent it from working appropriately. Hence, you must adjust the permissions to allow the message plus app to work optimally.
What to do if your android messaging app stops.
This kind of problem on android messaging can usually be solved quickly as well;
- Tap on the setting menu from your home screen.
- Scroll down and then click on the Apps selection.
- Next, scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- There you’ll see two options; Clear Data and Clear Cache. Tap on both.
Each messaging app has its perks and as well lacks a couple of features. The advantages and disadvantages outlined above will enable you to distinguish between both of them. The choice on which application to use boils down to user experience and support outside a particular brand or carrier. For a simpler experience Samsung messages will remain your best bet, however, if you prefer internet-based usage and customization options, go for Verizon message plus. With support form the different carriers, it won’t be a bad idea to give each of the applications a try.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Verizon Messages (Message plus)?
Verizon Messages Plus is a texting app that allows you to sync your texting conversations across all your various compatible devices.
It also lets you:
- Make and receive calls on a tablet.
- Customize conversations with bubble styles, backgrounds, fonts, and much more.
- From there you can send eGift cards to friends and family.
- Access additional features right from a conversation, like Yahoo!® Media Search, Glympse, Yelp, Kanvas, and more.
Can you use Message+ without Verizon?
Sharing integrated messages between your Verizon phone number and other devices can only work on devices that are non-smartphones. It simply means that only 1 Verizon phone can be used with the integrated messages.
Does message plus cost money?
Using the message plus app does not attract any monthly fees. In other words, if you’re a Verizon communication customer, there is no charge against your Texting plans.