Prism TV from CenturyLink used to be the big boy on the block and competed with the likes of AT&T U-verse in terms of quality service delivery, exceptional channel lineup, mind-blowing on-demand content and fair pricing.
However, since the company decided to halt plans to expand its Prism TV service, they have fallen below the pecking order, as other TV service providers are now in hot demand.
Today, CenturyLink no longer offers Prism TV service to new customers; instead, they offer DirecTV, which has now become a big name in the TV space.
During its glory days, Prime TV was nothing short of amazing as it featured excellent content that will keep you glued to your TV screens all day long. With Prime TV, customers enjoyed seamless access to local channels and sports programming in HD. Read on to discover everything you need to know about Prism TV.
Prism TV monthly pricing
Since Prism TV is only available to existing customers, there is very limited information on what’s currently been offered to customers. But not to worry, we have their 2019 pricing and packages, so this should give you a glimpse of what it used to be.
Prism TV tried to keep things simple with their pricing and packages. Plus, they had one of the most transparent pricing in the industry. With only five package tiers to choose from, Prism TV made things easy from the get-go. Here, check out their pricing; we are sure you’ll be impressed at how transparent and affordable they are.
- Prism TV Basic package: CenturyLink Basic TV package is one of the best you’ll ever come across. With access to all the basic channels, including all your favourite local channels, Prism TV ensures you never miss out on your favourite movies and TV shows. Starting at $34.99, Prism TV Basic package is affordable and offers you the programming you deserve.
- Prime TV Essential package: Prime TV Essential package is superior to its basic plan and offers customers exclusive access to 165 top channels, including local channels. With access to channels like Bravo, reality TV fans can keep up with shows like Southern Charm and Below Deck. On top of that, you get to enjoy quality music channels to keep you and your guests entertained. The best part is that it will only cost $106.99 to get plugged in right away.
- Prime TV Complete package: Not satisfied with their Essential package and want more? Then you should give their Complete package a try. With Prism TV Complete package that starts at $111.99, you’ll get over 200 channels with over 60 in HD. What makes this package so amazing is its incredible sports channels. With this package, you can enjoy a weekend packed with games to watch. Simply tune in to CBS Sports, ESPN, Fox Sports, SEC Network, Fox College Sports and more to keep up with your favourite sporting events.
- Prime TV Preferred package: Keeping up with new episodes of your favourite TV shows like Power is now easy as Prime TV Preferred package offers you access to noteworthy channels like Starz and Showtime. From premium channels to on-demand content, Prime TV Preferred package boast of a whopping 310 channel offerings that will keep you plugged in all-day. And you know what? This package costs only $129.99 a month.
- Prime TV Premium package: Just when you thought you have enough TV channels to last you a lifetime, CenturyLink rolls out the king of all plans. With their Premium package, you’ll enjoy unlimited access to over 340 channels, including premium channels like HBO, MovieMax, Cinemax, Epix and more. Starting at $164.99 a month, this is the best TV deal you’ll come across.
Prime TV Channel lineups
With prime TV, there is a channel for everyone. So whether you’re a reality TV lover, a sports fanatic, movie enthusiasts or a music buff, rest assured that CenturyLink Prime TV has all the contents that will thrill you.
With access to premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Epix, Showtime, MovieMax and more, you’ll never run out of contents to watch.
For sports lovers, you can finally relax to a weekend of mind-blowing sports entertainment as Prime TV offers you exclusive access to top sports channels like ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports and more.
CenturyLink Prime TV bundling options
Thanks to CenturyLink, you can now bundle TV, internet and phone services together. The cool thing about doing this is that it saves you the hassles of paying different bills at the end of the month.
Not just that, it is also cheaper to bundle services together; this way you can save more. But since CenturyLink discontinued offering Prime TV to new customers, new customers are directed to bundle CenturyLink internet with DirecTV.
With DirecTV, customers get to enjoy tons of premium channels including HBO, Showtime, Starz and Cinemax. They also offer an impressive sports pack you can’t resist.
CenturyLink Prime TV installation
As with many TV service providers, Prime TV charges a one-time installation fee of $99. But if you choose to bundle TV service with internet connections, you may get a discount.
Whatever the case, it’s always wise to ask for discount offers or promotions, you never know, you may just end up getting a free installation service.
CenturyLink Set-top box (STB)
To enjoy a hassle-free watching experience; Prime TV customers are required to have a CenturyLink set-top box. And for those on their Basic, Essential or Complete package, you’ll have to pay an additional $9.99 every month. For their Prism TV Preferred and Premium package, you should get their first wired STB along with your package.
Early termination fee (ETF)
Like most TV service providers, CenturyLink Prime TV ties you to a two-year contract. But if you want out before the expiration of your contract with them, you’ll have to pay an early termination fee. Their early termination fee can be as high as $240.
Could be discontinued
As it stands, CenturyLink Prime TV is only available to old customers as the company has stopped rolling out its Prime TV service to new customers. Customers who are interested in CenturyLink TV are directed to sign up with DirecTV, which is a great choice by the way.
Given this development, it is only a matter of time before the company discontinues its TV service fully.
Frequently asked questions
Does CenturyLink Prime TV have a contract agreement?
Before you get plugged to CenturyLink Prime TV, you’ll be required to sign a two-year contract. And should you decide to opt-out of their service before your contract with them expires, you’ll be asked to pay an early termination fee of $240.
Is there an installation fee with CenturyLink Prime TV?
CenturyLink Prime TV charges a one-time $99 installation fee. But you can get discounts if you choose to bundle internet with TV service.
How many packages does Prime TV offer?
With Prime TV, there are five amazing packages to choose from. So depending on what you want along with your budget, you’ll definitely find one of their packages worth it.
It’s a shame that CenturyLink Prime TV is no longer available to new customers. While they were at their prime, they were a force to reckon with. But with the company now directing customers to sign up to DirecTV, we doubt you’ll miss much as DirecTV seems like a solid option considering their impressive services.