In our society today, majority of different households can boast of telecommunication access such as phone or Internet. However, some people cannot afford to pay the substantial price that comes with these Internet packages.
The prices may not be a problem for many people, but it is to some people. For example, envisage what an obstacle it must be for students from a low-income household, mainly when their well-off colleagues get a good leg with an always available, basic Google search. It might not be only academics; the truth is that every aspect of our lives will indeed be affected without adequate high-speed Internet. Without access to high-speed Internet, this category of people within our society are forced to live in a world that is void of one of the utmost channels of sourcing information in the world today.
It is based on this that Charter Communications with the acquisition of Bright House Networks, and Time-Warner Cable collaborated to offer a service known as Spectrum Internet Assist (SIA) – Internet for low income. Spectrum Internet assist provides Internet service at an affordable price for such households. Offered by Spectrum, this feature allows qualifying households to have access to high-speed Internet and that too at an affordable price. Spectrum Internet Assist (SIA) program is undoubtedly like a bright light for all those who do not have the means to access a basic amenity of modern life.
What is Spectrum Internet Assist?
Spectrum Internet Assist is a program introduced by Spectrum to assist low-income families in having access to the Internet at a cheaper cost. In other words, it’s a high-speed Internet package accessible at a reasonable price. This package support families to have access to premium internet features at a giveaway cost. All that is required from you is to check if you meet the requirements to be qualified for the program. Then you can forward your application to start enjoying a reliable, fast internet connection.
Spectrum Internet Assist is one of the ways Spectrum is giving back to the community. Through this program, access to premium and most high-end features are granted. This might sound too palatable to be true, but it is true. As you subscribe to this plan, you’ll get 30 Mbps Internet with no data caps. Free Internet modem is also part of the package. One thing that stands this program out is that no contract bounds you.
To further elucidate what features this program provides, take a comprehensive look at the following:
- Spectrum Internet Assist Program provides a whooping 30mbps speed with no data caps.
- If you qualify for the program and sign-up, you’ll be given free internet modem installed upon activation.
- Spectrum Internet Assist does not involve you signing any lengthy contracts that will bound you for an extended period. The same way you Sign-up, you as well cancel anytime you want.
- Home WIFI service is also available, but it’s optional for a token. So you can even enjoy WIFI with the Spectrum Internet Assist program.
How Does The Spectrum Assist Program Work?
There is no much-complicated process involved in this program. It’s a simple and straightforward procedure. You can take your time to go through their website to be acquainted with all the required criteria. It’s all about you correctly filling out the form once you’re eligible and Spectrum will be contacted you back to arrange for the installation. Once the installation is in place, you get to enjoy the Spectrum High-speed internet at unbeatable prices.
As unambiguous as it may sound, there are some outlined criteria and limitations of this program that you must meet.
How To Qualify For Spectrum Assist?
There are stipulated requirements that a family member must meet to qualify for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program. To understand more about these requirements, they’ve lessened the process. If any of your family members belong to any of these assistance programs, the chances are that they might be qualified for the program.
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of NSLP
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Supplemental Security Income (only for 65 or more applicants)
There are chances that you might get qualified for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program if any of your households belong to any of the programs as mentioned above. But, before you get your application ready, it’s essential to understand some limitations of the Spectrum Internet Assist Program.
Limitations of Spectrum Internet Assist
Just like any other existing Assistive Programs, Spectrum Internet Assist for Low Income has its restrictions. It’s important to understand this, especially if you’re getting ready to apply for it because this limitation tends to disqualify some people for this program.
- No state has the same rules, and the same goes for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program. First, use your ZIP code to ascertain if this program is supported in your area. This is necessary to do because there are chances your area might be included in the Spectrum Internet Assist, but your income assistance in your areas won’t be qualified for it.
- To further buttress this, if you’re on any of the programs that are not supported by Spectrum Internet Assist, you won’t be eligible for it. You can check on their website to get to know the acceptable programs, so you won’t get your hopes high. Some of these programs are as follows; Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Social Security Disability (SSD), Survivor benefits, Social Security Retirement, among others.
- Also, it’s entirely their discretion to determine if you’re qualified or not. In other words, you can be qualified by all standards for the Spectrum Internet Assist, but for reasons best known to them, you’ll be rejected.
How Much Does It Cost?
The basic cost of this program is $14.99 per month with free installation, free modem and all the standard Internet features. Adding an internet WiFi connection will attract an extra $5 per month with a free wireless router. No activation charges are included in this program and Spectrum has assured that the program charges will remain unchanged as long as the program exists.
Furthermore, the program can be bundled with other services offered by Spectrum with the rate remaining the same.
Steps To Apply To Spectrum Internet Assist
If you fulfil the eligibility mentioned above, you can apply for assistance under the program and enjoy superfast Internet at super-low price-points.
There are two primary means to go about this:
Take The Online Application
First, you need to download the Spectrum Internet Assist form from the official website. After you’ve correctly completed the form, attach the prerequisite documents as stated on the website such as the proof that you’re a recipient of any of the enumerated programs.
Scan and send an email together with the required documents to [email protected].
Download the Spectrum Internet Assist form from the official website. Carefully fill the form, attach appropriate documents, and mail to:
- Spectrum Internet Assist Program
- OCS 4145 S. Falkenburg Road,
- Florida 33578.
For those that need to make further inquiries about this program or are in any way still unclear about whether they qualify for the Spectrum Internet Assist program, Spectrum Customer Service is there to assist you and clear your doubts. Furthermore, in the process of filing your form and encounter any challenge, please do not hesitate to link up with them. The spectrum team will make every effort to attend to you and the process smoothly as possible.
What Do You Get With Assist Internet Plan?
Cost: 14.99 per month or $19.99 per month together with WiFi
- Access to internet speed of 30 Mbps with no data caps
- No contracts
- FREE Internet modem
- An option to add fast in-home WiFi for an additional $5 monthly
- Opportunity to enjoy Spectrum Other Best Deals with Bundle Offers.
For those who might not be eligible for Spectrum Internet Assist for low income, you can still check the regular Spectrum plans. Below are some of the regular plans;
DEALS FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- 100+ Mbps Speed Internet from $49.99 per month.
- 100+ Mbps Speed Internet + TV from 89.98 per month including 125+ Channels.
- 100+ Mbps Speed Internet + TV + Phone from $99.97 per month including 125+ Channels, and limitless calls.
- Special Mobile Plans for Internet Customers: $45/month; Unlimited talk, Unlimited data, and unlimited texts; no extra fees, or added taxes, no contracts.
- Mi-Plan Lation (Internet +TV): starting at $69.98 per month
- Spectrum Mi-Plan Latino Triple Play (Internet + TV+ Phone): starting at $79.97 per month
DEALS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES:
Internet from $49.99 per month:
- 200 Mbps and to 940 Mbps internet speed.
- Security Suite, free email, domain name, modem and more. Valued at $50.
- No Contracts.
- Free standard installation
- Opportunity to get one month free.
Business phone from $19.99 per month:
- Free unrestricted local & including long-distance calls.
- Free 35+ features for an advanced business call.
- Taxes and fees included.
- Opportunity to get one month free.
- Free standard installation.
- No Contracts.
TV from $29.99 per months:
- Ideal for break rooms, lobbies and back offices
- No Contracts.
- Top entertainment, news and sports packages
- Opportunity to get one month free.
- Free Standard Installation.
Mobile from $14/GB:
- Available easy to understand data plans, including unlimited text and talk.
- Fastest overall speeds and the most trustworthy network
- No Contracts
To us, we may think in our society that a good number of people have access, right? Well, that just a thought. Regrettably, a good number of families still encounter challenges of digital inequality simply because of their inability to afford Internet plans as a result of the cost accrued to it. As far as the Spectrum Internet Assist Program is concerned, this program is indeed a blessing to these group of people. So if you’re not buoyant enough to afford the Spectrum Internet-only plans, well you’re in luck. Simply check if you’re eligible for Spectrum Internet Assist Program today. With this unique low-income plan, you’ll get to use and enjoy the Internet as you want without bordering yourself about exhausting your allotted gigabytes.
What makes an individual qualified for Spectrum’s low-cost plan?
Different families are eligible if they’ve at least one child accepted for the Community Eligibility Provision or National School Lunch Program. Furthermore, seniors that fall in the category of 65 and above who also collect Supplemental Security Income are also qualified. Very importantly, all Enrollees must also pay all unsettled debt with the company within the last year. Enrollees must not be having a market-rate subscription with the company within the past 30 days.
Is Bundling a Selection with Spectrum Internet Assist Program?
Yes, you’ve got the right to bundle the Internet with either Spectrum Phone, TV or even both. If you choose Spectrum Triple Play Bundle, it comprises all three services at a low price – you can get value services that can cover your entire household telecommunication needs for $75. However, the standard installation rates for Spectrum phone and TV service will remain the same.
To further elucidate this, when Spectrum TV service is added to the Spectrum Internet Assist Program, you can stay entertained and enjoy 24/7 Live TV at home. But that’s not all. There is also a provision to download Spectrum app for free. With this, it will be easier to stream contents on the go from any of your internet device(s). Furthermore, the unique Spectrum TV app allows you to stream and enjoy your preferred TV content from your subscribed stations together with the premium channels such as Nickelodeon, ESPN, etc.
Is Spectrum Internet Assist useful?
Well, no matter the service being rendered, there will always be dissatisfied consumers. To me, once telecom is concerned, one’s satisfaction significantly is determined by location, and the category of services opted for. But, in general, the Spectrum Internet Assist program for low income offers enormous value at a low price. To be hooked up with an internet speed of 30 Mbps without a contract, data caps, and even FREE internet modem for just $14.99 per month is a substantial deal. Aside from that, there are extra expenses for those that want in-home WiFi, at $20 per month.
That said, you should consider applying for this program soonest if you’re eligible.