Wondering if is Cox internet down in your area then you may be experiencing outages with Cox. To Avoid these service interruptions then follow this guide to fix it now.
Cox (also known as Cox Cable and formerly Cox Broadcasting Corporation, Dimension Cable Services and Times-Mirror Cable) is a private American company, based in the United States that offers telecommunication, digital cable television and home automation services.
Cox is a really large company; in fact, it is the third-largest of its kind in the United States. It provides services to not only over six million people but also 3.2 million digital telephone subscribers, 3.5 million internet subscribers and 2.9 million digital cable subscribers. The headquarters of this company is located at 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd in Sandy Springs, Georgia, U.S, in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Types of Cox outage
Cox Internet Outages
An internet outage is a condition where internet service to an area is completely short down. This means that every device which depends on the internet or any internet provided service will be temporarily or permanently shut down, depending on if the cause of the outage is resolved. There are different reasons for Cox internet to go down in an instant or reoccurring outage, and they are;
- Cyber attacks
- Seriously natural disaster
- Security actions
- Or un-planned errors.
You may be surprised I included cyber-attacks to the list. Cyber-attacks can actually cause internet outages. Some very skilled cyber criminals are capable of causing so much damage to the internet service that it would go off. Another common cause of interest outages is natural disaster. Powerful earthquakes or tsunamis are capable of destroying an internet service provider, leading to an outage that may be causing your Cox service to suffer.
Cox Cable TV Outages
Cable TV outage is the termination of Cox cable TV services due to either or natural or artificial causes. Cable TV outages can be really horrible. Imagine your TV goes off when you are watching the world cup finals; think about how horrible that would be. Cable TV services are normally transmitted through radio waves or coaxial cables, and because of this, they are very prone to damages. All it takes is a natural disaster, like a heavy storm to cause am outage.
Cox Cell Outages
Cell Outage is a temporary or permanent unfortunate situation where cell phone signals are terminated. The cause of this outage determines if it is permanent or temporary. In a case where the mobile device is responsible for the outage, we may refer to that as temporary, but when a grid gets damaged by may be a blast or natural resisters, and it is not repaired, that may cause a permanent outage.
Cox Wireless Internet Outages
Internet connection could be created using wires and cables or through a Cox wireless connections. The wireless connection here refers to the use of signals like the radio wave to transfer data from an internet provider to a device which browses the internet. Wireless internet outage, therefore, is a situation when wireless internet connection to a device is lost, temporarily or permanently. It could be caused by the receiving device or the server. At times, congestion or even attacks to a provider can even lead to this outage.
How to reach Cox customer support for all services?
Cox customer support provides 24 hours service, and are easy to reach. All you need is a couple of numbers, and I have written them below.
- If you are an existing customer and want to talk about the customer service, or add a service, or change your address, or pay bills, or just need general information on Cox services call; 1-800-234-3993. When you do so, if necessary, you will be transferred to a customer service representative, who will help you solve the issues you have or are experiencing with their services.
- If you are an existing customer, and need tech support, or are subscribed to their internet service, and need to speak to Cox customer service, call any of these two numbers; 1-855-766-9812 or 1-877-891-2899. Calling these numbers will connect you to a Cox technician, who will help you solve the problem you may be experiencing.
- If you are an existing customer, and need technical assistance with your TV service, or want to make an inquiry relating to tech, the number to call is 1-888-269-9693. This number will connect you with a Cox agent who can help you out.
- If you need a technician, who can help you with your computer or Internet-related issues, like virus, system crashes, or system updates, that is not related to Cox, this is the number to call 1-877-832-7658. Their services are not free; you will have to pay.
- If you are a business customer, and want to pay your bills, check your account balance, or make general inquiries, the number to call is 1-623-322-2000. This is an automated number, so you may not necessarily be directed to a customer service representative, but will be shown a chain of menus, which may help you out.
- If you wish to speak with a home security services representative from Cox, call 1-855-766-9812.
Things you need before you call Cox customer service
To enjoy a smooth customer service from Cox, there are a few things you should have ready before you call, they are; your account number, the last four digits of your social security number, your billing service address, and a pen and paper.
You can also contact Cox online via
- Cox support centre
- Cox business support centre
- Cox my account
- Cox business My account
- Cox welcome centre
- Cox live chat
- Cox support forums
- Cox solution store finder
- Cox Email Support forums
- Cox Twitter forum.
How to troubleshoot your Cox internet on your own?
Troubleshooting your internet is not difficult. The first thing you need to do is confirm if the internet issue is not from your service provider, and there is not a major internet outage, because if there is nothing you can do.
If you’ve confirmed, and the problem is coming from you, then follow these steps to solve the problem.
- Check to see if you have an internet connection and make sure your network adapter is turned on.
- Check to see if there have been any changes to you proxy settings, because if there is, you will lose your internet connection.
- Check your network cables to see if your computer is still connected to the network adapter.
- If the above hasn’t solved the problem, reset your network router.
If you reset your router, all your added settings will be erased and the router will return to the way it was when you just got it. Therefore, before you do this, make sure you write down all your settings so you don’t forget them. Next check for the reset button on your router and hold it down for about a minute or two.
- If your internet service still hasn’t returned, check your firewall or your security software, as you may be under cyber-attack. It is always advisable to keep your firewall and security services updated.
- Limit The Number of People you have, connected to your router. The more people connected to your router, the slower your internet, and in some cases, it could compromise you internet. Owing to the fact that the bandwidth speed of your router is shared among numerous devices, your connection will be slower. The only way to solve this problem is to disconnect some connected devices.
How to troubleshoot your Cox Cable TV devices on your own?
Troubleshooting your cable TV devices is equally not that difficult, all you need to do is to follow certain steps.
Problems with your TV services may or may not be related to your devices, so, make sure the problem isn’t coming from an external source before you begin troubleshooting.
If your video is poor or is not displaying at all, first check the rest of the house to see if every other TV set is experiencing the same problem. If they are not, then the problem should be coming from your connections.
What you have to do is check if your cables are well connected and if they are damaged.
If the problem is not solved, you may have to change your coaxial cable to a new heavy-duty one.
If you recently connected your device, double-check its connection. You may also keep your coaxial cables, separate from your other power cables, as at times; they cause electromagnetic interference which could affect your system. If you do this and find out that your video has been restored or is now clear, try and hold your coaxial cable in that position; this may be done using a tape.
Confirm if your antenna is set to cable or CATV mode, if it is not, it could because of the problem.
If a cable box, DVD OR DVR is connected to Your TV, make sure your TV is set to the required TV channel.
You may also unplug your cable box, leave it for a while and connect it back, or you may connect the cable from your cable box directly to you TV, and see if the video becomes clear. If none of these work, I advise you contact a Cox technician.
Clear video but no audio
The first thing to do is check if you have accidentally muted your TV or other devices. Next check if the correct TV input is connected.
If none of these works, check if the secondary audio program is activated. If it is, deactivate it and check if audio is restored.
If the language of your TV changed, set it back to the original language and see if audio is restored.
If you experience cross streaks, check if the problem is caused by cord shielding. If it is, the problem may be coming from devices like your microwave, vacuum cleaners or blender. This may be surprising but these devices are capable of causing electrical interference.
If a natural phenomenon, like lightning, is the cause of the problem, the only thing you can do is disconnected you TV till everything is over. If you don’t, more problems might occur.
List Top 6 Reasons for Outages on Cox
Outages are caused by external or internal alteration of a service provider or an internal alteration in the receiving device. As listed above, there some common forms of outages, they are internet outages, Cable TV Outage, Cell Outages and wireless internet outages.
Below are 6 reasons for Outages
- Natural designers like tsunamis, storm, flooding, earthquakes, landslides and more.
- Government action
- Power supply problems
- A bad receiving device
- Over congestion of an internet provider
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the causes of an outage? The answer to that question is above.
- How do I restore my connection after an outage? The easiest way to restore the connection after a suspected outage is to troubleshoot your device. If that doesn’t work, then the problem might be coming from the provider, and in that case, there is nothing you can do.
- What do if all my neighbours’ connections are restored and mine is not? That may or may not be a major problem, it all depends on if your neighbour is connected to a different service provider or somehow, the outage affected your device.
IS THERE COX IN MY AREA?
It depends on where you are, because Cox currently has coverage in 19 states in USA. You may contact a Cox agent to confirm if you can receive service at your specific address.
HOW DO I VIEW MY COX BILL ONLINE?
You can view the last 12 months of your Cox bill by signing in to your account on https://www.cox.com
WHERE DO I DROP OFF MY COX EQUIPMENT?
Finding the closest Cox location to you is not difficult; just visit their page at https://www.cox.com/aboutus/contact-us/cox-centers.html
Cox is a very reliable company. If you ever need internet service or any other services they provide, do well to reach them.