The world has grown to the extent that you can watch your TV any time you want anywhere you are. Regardless of whether you use DirecTV, satellite or cable, paying over $100 per month for a TV is painfully high.
One trick you haven’t understood is that all these TV options start their new customers with some great bills and as the relationship grows, the increase in DirecTV costs creep up to more than $100 each month from the initial bills, why?
This year marks four years using DirecTV services. No one would expect we could take this long watching DirecTV because of the huge costs. For many, the relationship with DirecTV has not been a simple and loving one. Just look at their reviews they share of their There have been ups and downs in the form of monthly price hikes. Read the full directv review here.
You’d think people would love DirecTV if they just stopped with their bill increases?
Either way, until DirecTV come to their sense we have looked for ways to negotiate our way to lower bills.
Today, I am here to give you good news-it’s very possible to lower your DirecTV monthly costs. Many of these companies including DirecTV respond well when their customers call to negotiate their monthly cost.
If you have been suffering huge DirecTV costs every month, we have listed some of the simple and reliable tips that can help bring the cost to a manageable extent. Although these tips will not scrap your monthly bills in full, there are chances they can help with half of the cost.
Reduce Your DirecTV Bills
Before we delve in, I want to share the experience many have had by negotiating their bills with DirecTV, we’ve have had similar successes using these techniques, and to think how satisfied you’d be to get a premium service at a fraction of your DirecTV monthly bills. Its certainly a day maker to be able to get great service at a fraction and more services for the price of $0 extra dollars for a minimum of 12 months that came along with by simply asking.
So ask and you shall receive… or not, but better to try than to wonder
First of all, we are keen fans of DirecTV’s services for years now. but its known to many that people have been suffering huge DirecTV monthly bills which feel like high-way robbery. Its not fun, but the good news is there is a way to negotiate DirecTV bills to a manageable cost.
Through the experience shared below, are known through forums and personal experience of our writers, we would like to bring this to light as to the possibilities to lowering your DirecTV monthly cost by a minimum of $10 or more.
Its not rocket science, DirecTV is a big business where they get thousands of disconnect calls a day. They know that they will have to reduce the price and include more to keep their customers happy.
How long does this work?
Great question, you can get reduced-cost services for 12 months from the known info and forum posts online who are using these similar methods to lower their bills.
And best of all, these same techniques can be used for your electrical, internet, and other subscription services that have a tendency to go up in price.
These tips have worked time and time again, and with just one simple search online you will see many people talking about it, and as mentioned before it can be relevant to other providers with internet and cable TV like and even your cell phone bills.
Check how many people are reducing their monthly bill.
- Get up to 55 DirecTV Channels at only $29.99 every month.
- Get Showtime, HBO, STARZ and NFL Sunday ticket (normally more money spent per month) for $0.00/month which is awesome
- Free DVR services that were normally $10 every month for 12 months
Imagine getting your DirecTV bill down below $35 every month for a service that goes for more than $100 every month. This is possible and is easy if you have been with DirecTV for any length of time, Nope, you dont have to be a loyal DirecTV customer to take advantage of this service thanks to some of these amazing negotiation tactics that require no skill.
As previously mentioned, the Agent is the one who gets these calls every day and they training entails to make the customer happy, and that’s when you know you have the edge.
- Tell them you had an accident the hospital bills are through the roof
- A pet got sick and you are on a payment plan that makes it impossible for you to pay their ridiculous $100 a month subscription.
The trick here is, everyone has been sick, had to go to the vet, even been dropped with hard times. And they understand that and they are prepared to give you a discount to you if you play it the right way.
Is that lying?
Its not lying if you are honest, be creative and honest with yourself, yes there is some creativity involved that may deserve some over-exaggeration in a story to pull on the heartstrings of the agent to get a lower bill, but the truth be told we have things happen every day that makes life hard so, use those stories to your advantage.
Ask For The Latest DirecTV deals
Before we head to what you can do to save on DirecTV, we have to cover the DirecTV 2020 deals. This is just a quick-hint of how you can get the DirecTV in 2020. DirecTV continues to offer hot deals to the subscribers which can see you saving a lot of money.
Their deals for new subscribers are starting at $50 up to $90 every month. Their specific deals will also be dependent on the individual subscriber. For more saving opportunities, read on.
What is DirecTV Bill Negotiation Method?
We’ve seen people getting the same services from DirecTV from as low as $19.99 per month which may leave you wondering what You can do to get the same. For that reason, here’s a guide to Lower DirecTV bill method that’s completely free to use.
How to Negotiate a Cheaper Bill With DirecTV?
- Call their customer care through their Customer service line number: 1-855-387-6898.
- Get past their automated customer response by following the prompt to speak to a customer care representative.
- Now introduce yourself, great the customer service and tell them that you want to disconnect their service.
- To facilitate that, the customer representative will get your personal details including your first and Last name and they will probably ask for your DirectTV account number which can be found on your previous DirecTV bill. The customer agent would also want to know about your last bill. To make this process smooth, have all that information with you before you call.
- The agent will lastly want more information from your side. They may also want to know the reason why you are disconnecting your service. In this case, tell them that you are disconnecting because their monthly bill is higher than what you are able to pay, or make up a story “the money is tight and I have found a cheaper option”
- The agent taking the call have been trained to take calls like this and divert cancellations because the truth is they get these calls every minute of every day and they do everything in their power to keep a customer even if it means giving you a massive discount. This is why it gives you the edge to get a cheaper price on your direcTV plan It’s now your turn to ask whether they have any promo codes or discounts for the existing customers.
- The agent will be in a position to offer you a $10 off monthly and if you are good at telling and emotional story, they may just give you a bigger discount.
The kicker, once have an idea of the price then ask them if they are willing to throw some extra channels too, What I like to do to sound innocent say “I’ve always wondered whats on X channel, is it possible to get that thrown in”, your likely get a positive response, rattle off a few shows you are interested in and say it its a possibility to get those shows included.
- When the deal sounds good then make a decision, ask about additional fees but do make them think they have you. Keep working them until you are happy with the price.
Take your time to decide whether the offer they are giving you is good enough for your needs. If it’s not good enough then close the call with aq disconnection request in which case they will either try playing down their prices further or let you go all together, Just prepared to cancel your direcTV service.
Disconnect date comes to no-call
You can also set the disconnect date for your service. If the disconnect date arrives and you haven’t received any call or email about the same from the DirecTV, you should repeat step 1 and ask whether they have any discounts that can help you save.
Let the disconnect go through
If you choose option two, then wait until they have disconnected. This usually happens at midnight. It’s always good to save your DVR shows and settings. This is easy through unhooking the cable from the box to midnight.
Wait for 24 hours and call again
After that, give yourself about 24 hours and call them again. Tell them that your service is disconnected but you were inquiring to see whether there are any promotions or discounts.
No discounts or offers at all?
If they tell you that they have no offers to give, you now have to make the decision. Here are some decisions to make:
- You can reconnect the service at the current rates and ask for offers a few months later.
- Let the disconnection work and set another service using the Social Security number of another household member.
Saving on this TV service or getting a retention offer can be hit or miss. This is simply because DirecTV has been completely absorbed by the AT&T TV. The method discussed above is the best and highly reliable ways of saving on your Monthly DirecTV bills.