You may be wondering how to return DISH equipment and one of the most crucial steps to take if you no longer need their services. The cancellation and return process of DISH Company is easy and direct. In this article, we will get to see how to return DISH equipment in a clearer manner.
DISH is one of the most pay-TV service providers. They offer one of the highest quality states of the art programming and technology services. This is by providing the best HD and DVR technology and offering the most international channels. Being one of the largest satellite broadcasts, they provide similar services just like DIRECTV services.
Reason For Returning Your Equipment
There are many reasons why you may send your device back to the company. This may be due to defective equipment or you may want to upgrade the service. This all depends on the company’s terms and conditions for returning a product. These reasons are as below:
- Cancellation of subscription or services
- Upgrade of service or defective equipment
Cancellation of DISH subscription
This is one of the main reasons for returning DISH equipment. You may cancel your services for any or no reason at any time. This includes without limitation or during any term commitment to which you have agreed but you have to give the company notice. In the event of your cancellation, you may be subject to certain prices, fees or charges. Any cancellation will be effective no sooner than the date that DISH actually receives notice that has been provided in accordance to the agreement.
Upgrade of service / defective equipment. In some cases, you may need to get the device changed when you opt to have a change in service quality. You must notify the company of any defects or damage.
Scenario 1 – from SD to HD
Just like in DIRECTV, if you move form SD to HD, you will return the SD receiver and attain the decoding required for your HD satellite resolution.
Scenario 2 – from HD to 4K
Similar to DIRECTV, if you move from HD to 4K resolution, then you will return the HD DISH receiver back to the lessor as per the leasing contract.
Contents or equipment you need to return
These are primarily reception equipment such as a DISH compatible receiver, applicable smart cards, satellite antennae, modem, controller cable and TV box.
Steps to returning DISH equipment
DISH network as a company sends a shipping box with all the needed packing materials to customers who are replacing or returning equipment. The box contains a pre-paid return shipping label, so there is no charge for returning the equipment.
However, you are expected to uninstall and pack all your equipment yourself. All these processes only require you to follow the rules and guidelines outlined as per the leasing agreement of the company. The following are the 3 main steps each stating specific device for your complete return.
Disconnecting and gathering your devices
After you receive the box from DISH, gather your devices for shipping. The devices you return depend on whether you are replacing equipment with newer versions or returning all your equipments as part of service cancellation. There are essentially three main types of equipment to DISH clients. These are:
- Set top receiver boxes
- LNB module on the dish antenna
- Switch connecting the antenna to your home.
How to return your DISH TV boxes
- Step 1: Unplug your DISH receiver from the power outlet. This reduces the risk of electric shock while disconnecting.
- Step 2: Disconnect the DISH receiver from your other devices. Do not pack any of the cables used to connect your devices. Only pack the receiver itself. Most disconnection is a as simple as disconnecting plugs, but devices that use a screwdriver on coaxial connector may require pliers to handle.
- Step 1: Find your DISH antenna. It is on the outside of your house. The low noise block unit is mounted on the boom pointing back at the satellite dish.
- Step 2: Locate the screws attaching the LNB unit to the boom and remove them with a screwdriver.
- Step 3: Carefully detach the LNB unit from the boom and bring it inside for packing.
- Switch unit
- Step 1: Locate the DISH network switch box. It’s on the outside of your home, more likely near your DISH antenna. It should have coaxial attached leading both to the antenna and into your home.
- Step 2: Open the switch box and disconnect the coaxial cable from the switch unit. Use pliers to unscrew the connections.
- Step 3: Remove the screws that secure the switch to the box. Also use screwdrivers. Close the switch box and take the switch inside for packing.
How To Pack to equipment
Pack the devices you gathered into the shipping box for transport. The packing materials you receive from DISH may vary, depending on what equipment is to be returned. DISH also includes slip with instructions.
- Step 1: Slip your receivers into the provided plastic sleeves.
- Step 2: If you are returning two, you should have receiver inserts designed for two of them. Set one these special inserts on a table as a base and put the receivers vertically. Then do the attachment.
- Step 3: Carefully slide the receivers and foam inserts into the box.
- Step 4: Pack the LNB and switch using their designated cardboard inserts.
- Step 5: Pack the remote controls using the designated cardboard inserts.
- Step 6: Close up the box and secure the flaps using packing tapes.
Apply shipping label and drop off
Apply the included shipping label over the original shipping label. The original return can be peeled off, reversed and reapplied to the shipping box. Consult the packing slip that came with your box for details. Take it to the nearest drop off location and check the label for which carrier service to be use.
Another simple process of returning DISH equipment is:
- Disconnect your equipment. Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the wall.
- Package and ship your equipment. Place your equipment in the box that DISH shipped you. Make sure to adhere to the prepaid label to the top of the box and drop the box off at your local or nearest UPS station.
Consequences of not returning the equipment
All equipment must be returned in good operating condition. This is within the time frame under the lease agreement. Non- returning of equipment can lead to a fine and other additional bills such as the expense of any loss. If you are using leasing equipment it is always advisable to send back the equipment in order to avoid future problems. It is good to note that the company may want to take back the equipment. This may be due to several factors such as age or defect associated with it.
What happens after you return the device?
Following the cancellation or disconnection of your service DISH will charge you a box return fee for each such return label and an empty box. The company will also check for any damaged device. If the device is undamaged you are not responsible in paying any prices, fees or charges according to your applicable promotion agreement. It is advisable to remember the set timeline as well and make cancellation request before the end of the set timeline.
Where to return DISH equipment near me
Just like close competitive companies like DIRECTV, DISH has authorized FedEx and UPS stores in taking or shipping their products. The two companies will provide the right facilities for you. The following data is useful while returning any DISH device:
DISH TX FedEx: they have a webpage meant for DISH and satellite TV companies. Just take the equipment to them and they will take care of the rest. The DISH TX FedEx return equipment is accessible in their website.
UPS STORE: This is the primary logistics provider for DISH Company. They have links also accessible via the internet.
How to Track equipment returns
It is always advisable to first track the return package sent to the respective company. You can use the tracking receipt for tracking the sent shipment. The DISH Company has courier stations that help in tracking equipment. Use authorized dealers like FedEx and UPS. They will give the company a notification for the progress of the shipment. For further confirmation, you can visit their website. Also you can contact the DISH Company via their direct contacts to confirm the receipt of the device.
The process of DISH equipment return is as easy as it can be. It is a matter of following the various steps and procedures as per the leasing agreement. The steps are straight forward and direct. I will be happy to know this article has answered all your questions with regards to how DISH equipment are returned. If you seek additional information, you can reach DISH by either emailing or calling one of their customer care representatives.