In recent times, it’s difficult to separate our lives with the internet because of the vital role it plays in different ways. In other words, having the internet at home is no longer just for entertainment but an indispensable part of lives, including other reasons such as a vital part of education.
Cox Communication is a new and sensational name in the telecom game saddled with the responsibility for providing the Internet that suits your needs. Low cost is the major distinguishing factor of Cox’s Internet. With this in place, you can save money and as well as meet your internet needs.
There are a few low-income internet offers by Cox, which can meet your various home needs. Assuredly this internet is a fantastic choice for low-income families who have a tight budget to always pay for their internet cost. So on this write-up, we’re going to discuss low-income internet plans by Cox.
How to Qualify For Low-Income Internet From Cox
To receive the low-income internet from Cox Communication, there are outline criteria which must be fulfilled to get low-income internet from the service provider. These criteria are directly linked to internet plans. For instance, in the connect2compete internet program, a member of your household must fulfil the minimum condition of participating in a government assistance program. To substantiate your eligibility for this program, you must provide relevant documents. There are two significant steps to actualize this –
- First, in the last 90 days, Cox will need to confirm your subscription to the high-speed internet service without any returned equipment(s) or outstanding bills.
- Once your application is approved, it’s your decision to select between in-person setup and self-installation.
- Next, a representative from Cox will endorse and schedule to visit your house for installation purposes to activate the internet access and as well set up your Wi-Fi modem.
COX LOW INCOME INTERNET PROGRAM 1: INTERNET FOR FAMILIES PARTICIPATING IN TANF, SNAP, AND THE NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
This is open to individuals that reside in areas with adequate coverage of Cox internet. This low-income internet plan is priced at a monthly fee of $9.95, which is a great plan to assist families in the low-income category. This also comes with an internet speed of 5 Mbps which is awesome and suitable for any home internet at home. For instance, families can stream videos from their preferred entertainment channels and educational purposes. Let’s outline learn how to make a decision for the internet speed you need.
What this plan offers for you and your family.
- No early termination fees in this plan when you cancel your service because there are no annual contracts.
- With the provided fast internet connection, it’s easy to access multiple WiFi zones located across the country.
- Internet connection done on a pre-wired outlet won’t attract further charges for any Installing and or configuring.
- Deposit of any sort is not required for this plan. Also, the pricing is completely fixed for two years.
Only eligible families will benefit from this low-income internet program by Cox. However, these families will first have to purchase a computer under $150. The good thing is that no further charges for equipment or additional fees are expected from you. Furthermore, to ensure professional security online, Norton security suite is involved in the package, which is also free.
As still part of the requirements, at least one student from the qualifying family must be studying in the national school lunch program. Some paperwork needs to be adequately filled and completed, which would be confirmed by the Cox authority. These papers include evidence on temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Participation in the school lunch program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). According to Cox, it would be easier for those under these programs to submit papers. One can sign up for the Connect2Compete program under TANF or SNAP to access the low-cost Internet offered by Cox.
How to get it
To ascertain your eligibility, you’ll need to go through the page of the official Connect2Compete plan program. After that, commence the application process by uploading the necessary documents. Lastly, you’ll be connected to enjoy internet services.
COX LOW INCOME INTERNET PROGRAM 2: INTERNET FOR FAMILIES RESIDING IN HUD-ASSISTED HOUSING WITH SCHOOL-AGE CHILDREN
Cox has another program that provides low-cost Internet strictly for the families living in HUD-assisted housing together with school-age children. Cox communication was able to set up this by partnering with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Developments (HUD) to provide low-cost Internet for families currently under the HUD-assisted housing with their school-age children.
At the moment, this program can be accessed in 18 states such as Arkansas, Arizona, Connecticut, California, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Nevada, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Virginia, and Rhode Island.
The rate of this internet program is priced at a monthly fee of $9.95. It has an excellent download feature, 10 Mbps, free in-home Wi-Fi, no installation charge, and you still get access to numerous Wi-Fi hotspots scattered around the country.
Eligibility For The $9.95 High-Speed Internet Through Cox Connect2Compete
Any household can be eligible for the high-speed Internet through Cox connect2compete which goes for $9.95. This is a cheap offer suitable for low-income families. With this plan, it will be easier for your kids to experience training based on digital literacy with low-cost equipment. However, the qualification of this internet offer is associated with children of school-aged. Furthermore, other criteria which must be fulfilled are as follows;
A CHILD IN A K-12 SCHOOL
Partaking in any of the listed government-subsidized programs; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), National School Lunch Program (NLSP), Public Housing and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). You must provide residency proof in public housing, together with the section 8 programs, public housing authorities and multi-family units. Also, within the last 90 days, there should be no subscription to Cox internet service and no debt owed to Cox.
Note, you may advance with a quicker way to avert any delay. So, you can prepare yourself to get the offer swiftly. Start by submitting the following documents to be eligible instantly.
- Parent or guardian full name.
- Matching residential address with your service address.
- The name of your child.
- Your child’s school name.
COX LOW INCOME INTERNET PROGRAM 3: COX INTERNET STARTER FOR FAMILIES WITH SOME AFFORDABILITY.
This is for very needy families which makes it the lowest among all the options. However, the price will be reverted to the original price at the expiration of the contract. Below are the details of this plan;
The typical monthly cost of this plan is $44.99, and you can get it at a giveaway price of $29.99, saving yourself about 33%. The price remains the same for its first 12 months of service.
You should expect additional one-time charges, or activation fees, and monthly equipment fees if applicable. Furthermore, the prices don’t include taxes, fees, or surcharges. So, you will have to consider all those factors and amounts before going for this plan. Let’s see what you will get in this pricing.
- The download speed is 10 Mbps for video streaming or playing games which is standard speed.
- The upload speed is 1 Mbps, suitable for internet needs in a small household.
- Data usage limit of 1024 GB/month, which you might not exhaust within a month.
- Available to Panoramic Wi-Fi user for better connection around the house.
- This faster connection is better than dial-ups for improved internet connection within the neighborhood.
HOW TO GET IT
Check the official website for options and plan to sign up for. In the search bar, you can input your address for a chance to get a discount. Also, still on the page, you can easily customize your package based on your needs.
Restrictions For The Cox Low-Income Family Internet Service
Though these low-income internet provided by Cox are for a specific category of people, still there are restrictions on these offers.
- If you’ve been an active Cox customer within the last 90 days, sorry this is not for you. For example, if you still have an active plan with Cox, you need to wait for the next three month to be able to sign up for this low-income internet package. In other words, you can just terminate your current plan and wait for the next 90 days to be eligible for it. This might be annoying, but if it’s worth it, then you can wait.
- Any individual with Cox bill that’s more than 12 months since its due date is out of luck for this program. It simply means that you’ll need to clear up the overdue bill or at least agree to a specific payment plan before you can sign up for this program.
- Peradventure you’ve any unreturned Cox cable equipment forgotten in your house already disqualifies you. There is a need to return the equipment before you can qualify for the low-cost internet plan.
- You must be residing in an area that Cox cable serves. From their website listing, this service can only be accessible in 18 states, as mentioned above. So if your state is not part of the list, there is a need to revisit the Cox website to check if there are new additional states posted. You might be in luck to come across your state.
How to order Cox low-income internet
You can’t just go to the Cox website to order the low-income plan. You’ve to start at the Connect2Compete’s page, or better still, you can easily place a call across to the Connect2Compete Phone: 855-222-3252. Make sure the call is to this number and not the sales number because they’re not authorized to offer this particular program to you.
Ensure you do not use any other pages when you visit the webpage to avoid redirecting you to EveryoneOn.org which they’re yet to properly synchronize to work with Cox for some reasons best known to them.
Note: the enrollment web page does not exhibit either TANF or SNAP eligibility. This is because the expanded Cox rules together with the qualification were just announced.
Times like this needs desperate measures, that’s the reason we’re here to furnish you with the necessary information that will be of utmost importance to you. Information is significant to a better life, just like this cox low-income internet plan. There is no shame in trying out this program to see if you’re eligible. You can take your time and visit all the links we’ve provided above and see if your family is qualified for these special programs. After that, put together all the required documents and apply immediately to start enjoying your life with affordable internet access.
Is Cox offering free Internet?
Currently, with the Cox Connect2Compete program, Cox Communications is providing opportunities for families together with students by offering low-income internet to eligible households with children ages 6 to 17 who lack access to a high-speed internet connection at home.
Do you qualify for Cox low-income internet?
Once at least one student from your household qualifies for the National School Lunch program, you’re one foot in to qualify for the Low-Income Internet program. By submitting evidence of participation in the school lunch program, you’ll prove your eligibility by informing them that you’ve a student in the home. Alternatively, you can provide evidence of being on either Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
You might ask what the link between participation in SNAP is or TANF with access to the low internet program. You might want to know that being on either program qualifies a student for the National School Lunch program. Maybe that’s the reason the internet providers added it because they’re aware that the majority might not be able to find their National School Lunch resignation paperwork.
How to order Cox low-income internet
You can’t just visit the Cox website to place your order for the low-income internet plan. However, you’ve to start with the Connect2Compete page or this hotline: 855-222-3252