Our review of AT&T TV Now looks at all aspects of this service, and its not just a powerhouse in the Live TV streaming niche; it is also a new television flagship service that is poised to change how you watch TV.
Yes, AT&T may not be new to the TV landscape, seeing that they currently own DirecTV and AT&T U-verse, but guess what, AT&T TV is their attempt to revolutionize the TV landscape with refreshing services that you simply cannot resist.
Offering unlimited access to both live TV and on-demand content with refreshingly new DVR options as well as access to over 5,000 apps, AT&T TV provides you with everything you have ever wanted with Live TV streaming services.
Read on, and we will unravel everything you need to know about this rare gem.
AT&T TV Now Pricing and Packages
The variety they say is the spice of life, and AT&T TV Now sure knows how to dish variety to its customers. With five fantastic packages to choose from, AT&T TV provides customers with exceptional packages that suit their taste.
So whether you are on a budget or you’re ready to go all out for premium TV channels and on-demand content, rest assured that AT&T TV has you covered.
Here, check out a breakdown of their packages, pricing as well as what they offer.
- AT&T TV Entertainment Plan: If you’re on a budget but still want to keep up with your favorite movies and TV shows, you’ll find AT&T TV’s Entertainment plan worth a try. With exclusive access to over 65 channels, including big names like ESPN, HGTV, Nickelodeon, and TNT, you can now keep up with your favorite TV shows without going overboard with your budget. Starting at $49.99 a month, we like to think that this plan is budget-friendly.
- AT&T TV Choice Plan: For lifestyle lovers, this is the package for you as it features some of the best lifestyle channels with your favorite programs. With over 85 channels up for watching, this fantastic plan will deliver exceptional TV programming that will keep you entertained all day long. With channels like Travel, MLB, Tennis, and Cooking Channel included in its channels offering, you’ll never run out of what to watch. Plus, it’s pricing starts at $59.99 a month, which isn’t too expensive, giving what you stand to enjoy.
- AT&T TV Xtra: With AT&T TV Xtra plan, there is room for everybody, including sports enthusiasts who don’t want to miss out on their favorite sporting events. With over 105 channels, including top sports channels like Golf, CBS Sports, FXM, and NBA TV, AT&T TV Xtra plan boast of mind-blowing content that will keep you on edge. Thankfully, it isn’t too expensive and cost only $64.99 a month. We are sure this isn’t too much considering the exciting sports content, movies, and TV shows they offer.
- AT&T TV Ultimate plan: Featuring premium channels, sports content, movies, and a blend of on-demand content; AT&T TV’s Ultimate package will have you plugged in all-day. Imagine watching your favorite movies and shows on “A” list channels like Starz, Encore, HBO, and Boomerang? Well, this package gives you access to all of this and more. If you’re looking for a TV plan that has everything you want, then you’ll undoubtedly love this plan from AT&T TV.
AT&T TV Channel Lineup
AT&T TV is a class act, and that’s all thanks to its outstanding channel lineup.
From sports to lifestyle content to movies and more, AT&T TV boast of remarkable channel selection you simply cannot get enough of. While it is still behind the likes of Dish and other prominent TV providers, their outstanding channel selection will impress you.
Although AT&T TV boast of having the most remarkable channel lineups, they are still missing a couple of big names. Here are some of the top channels you’ll not get with AT&T TV. So if this is a deal-breaker, we suggest you consider other streaming services where you can easily get these channels;
- NFL Network
- PBS (which you can get on Youtube TV)
- WGN America
- Music Choice
AT&T TV has plenty of premium channels, but they don’t come cheap. Although you get the first three months free, you’ll subsequently be paying $54 a month for premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and Showtime.
And if you want to sign up for these channels individually, you’ll be paying around $41 a month. Total that for the period of your two-year contract with them, and you’ll be paying close to $150.
The good thing is you can cancel after your free three months is up, this way you don’t have to stick with them the entire time.
AT&T TV Now Extra Fees
Before signing up for AT&T TV, it’s crucial you know some of the extra charges you may likely incur. This way, you know what you’re up for, so nothing catches you by surprise.
- Early termination fee: Like many of their services, AT&T TV ties you to a two-year contract. And if for any reason you decide you want out before your contract with them expires, you’ll be required to pay $15 per month. And that’s for each month remaining on your contract.
- Activation fee: Signing up for AT&T TV will mean agreeing to their $19.95 activation fee. However, you can get this fee waived if you order online. So you should explore that option.
- Additional DVR: For people who need more than one DVR, you’ll have to pay an extra $10 every month.
Intuitive and simple user interface
One of the perks of AT&T TV is their intuitive and easy to navigate user interface. This means you don’t have to be tech-savvy to find your way around.
What we loved about their platform is that it was simple, unique, and a tad different from other streaming platforms. With five impressive menu options, most users should be able to find their way around the platform without any confusion.
Overall, AT&T TV delivers a polished and convenient experience you’ll not get with other streaming services.
Powerful remote control with voice assistant feature
Featuring a remote control with a voice assistant that is powered by Google, AT&T TV is out to give other TV service providers on the market a run for their money. Without a doubt, AT&T TV Now has one of the best remote controls, and if you consider its performance, you’ll not agree less.
Besides allowing you to perform seamless functions, you can also ask general questions just like you’ll normally do with Google’s assistant. With just a push of a button, you can get weather information, day to day news bits, traffic details, and more.
Thanks to AT&T TV, disabled people can now keep up with their favorite movies and TV shows by leveraging basic voice commands.
What we don’t like
Yes, AT&T TV boast of amazing features and impressive channel offerings you’ll love, but guess what, they also have some not so cool things. Here, check out what we don’t like about AT&T TV;
- Lacks new features: With different TV service providers rolling out new features and devices every year, AT&T TV isn’t doing anything to keep up with the competition. While we were blown away by their intuitive interface and app integration, they don’t have any outstanding feature that differentiates them from the likes of Hulu with Live TV and AT&T TV now.
Despite been ahead of traditional cable Television in lots of ways, we expected more from them. And unless you’re looking for a more superior DVR option, we think you’ll be better off with AT&T TV Now or Hulu with Live TV.
- Unimpressive contract: AT&T TV comes with a two-year contract agreement. The sad thing with their deal is that their pricing hikes up after the first year. And if you decide you’re no longer interested in their service and want to opt-out from your remaining contract with them, you’ll be asked to pay an early termination fee.
Their early termination fee starts at $15 a month, and that’s for every month remaining on your contract.
AT&T TV Now Bundle deals
While AT&T TV offers customers some awe-inspiring standalone TV services, you’ll get a better deal if you decide to bundle TV service with AT&T internet. Besides the fact that you’ll enjoy amazing discounts, it is a smart way to pay your TV and internet bills. By bundling TV and AT&T internet, it will save you the hassles of paying separate bills at the end of the month.
Whats AT&T hassle-free installation?
When it comes to installation, AT&T TV is a breath of fresh air. Their convenient and straightforward self-installation process means you can set everything up yourself. By simply following their installation manual, you can have everything up and running within a few minutes.
Finally, you can kiss goodbye to bulky cable boxes, satellite dishes, prolonged appoint and say hello to a sleek HDMI cable that does the job within a few minutes. Simply plug their HDMI cable to your TV and proceed to connect the power cord to an outlet, it’s that simple.
With AT&T TV’s impressive design, they can finally connect with the new generation of TV lovers that are interested in television without bulky equipment or complicated installation process.
Impressive DVR storage
AT&T TV DVR may not come close to the likes of Hopper 3 or the Genie DVR from DirecTV, but still, it does an extraordinary job you’ll be proud of. Featuring 500 hours of storage space, AT&T TV DVR lets you record and store your favorite shows up to 90 days. More so, AT&T TV allows you to stream shows and movies on three devices simultaneously.
To get additional streaming devices, you’ll have to pay an extra $10 a month. But if that doesn’t work for you, you can simply use the AT&T TV app to stream on other devices, including phones and tablets.
AT&T NOW Customer reviews
With tons of customers trusting their services, AT&T TV is gradually gearing up to take over the TV landscape, but don’t take our words for it, read on to discover what customers are saying about their services;
JC of Orlando, FL Verified Reviewer
I have been using AT&T TV along with their internet service, and its been amazing so far. Besides the fact that I got a really fantastic deal, I was able to negotiate my price with them. Not just that, installing it was a stroll in the park. I simply followed their installation manual and had everything up with an hour.
Except for their two years contract along with the fact that their pricing hikes up after the first year, AT&T TV is an excellent TV service everyone should try.
JOHN of Laramie, WY Verified Reviewer
Since I cancelled my Dish subscription and moved to AT&T TV Now, it has been a fantastic experience. Their services are top-notch and transparent. Plus, their customer service team is by far the best I’ve come across. I had some network issues last week, and their customer service team were quick to fix everything. I wouldn’t have asked for more. Although they can do better, AT&T TV isn’t doing too badly.
Pritesh of Novi, MI Verified Reviewer
I was introduced to AT&T TV by my junior brother, who has been using their TV and internet service for some years now. While I think that they have some great channel lineups, I’m not very pleased with their pricing. I was petrified to get a different bill every month. If they can do something about their pricing and maybe keep it stable, that would be great.
Frequently asked question
What internet speed do I need to watch AT&T TV?
Want to stream AT&T TV without buffering? Then you’ll need a high-speed internet connection with at least 8Mbps download speeds.
Is AT&T TV more affordable than cable or satellite?
Considering that most Live TV streaming services are expensive, you won’t save much by switching to AT&T TV. If you want a better deal with AT&T TV, you should consider bundling TV and internet services.
Can you stream AT&T TV on other devices?
Except for Roku, you can stream AT&T TV Now on almost any device, including phones, tablets, or smart TVs.
AT&T TV isn’t doing too badly, and their generous offers and channel selections are one of the best you’ll come across. Yes, we know that they can do better, but if you’re looking for anything close to a cable TV experience, you’ll not go wrong to give AT&T TV a try.